Wiki Posts
Search

any one flown Andes Líneas Aéreas?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1k - Hilton Diamond
any one flown Andes Líneas Aéreas?

Posted this on the Airlines forum - did not get a reply thought I would try here.

First thing on their web site I see no option for English, so I am basing this all off my bad Spanish and google translate.

Looking at booking a flight with them and much much cheaper pricing than others flying to same location (AEP-IGR) - the lowest booking fare looks to be standard no refunds, limited seat selection and no checked baggage - can I bring a carry on?? 1 or 2 bags like NA airlines. Never flow them - so any feedback or hints would be appreciated - it is only an overnight trip so a duffle bag or small roller would work fine.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 6:14 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Sorry, no experience on Andes....
Old Jul 26, 2017, 4:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by maltman1
Can I bring a carry on?? 1 or 2 bags like NA airlines.
According to their website, you can take one carry on - max weight 5kg and no larger than 55 x 35 x 25cm (including handles, wheels etc). In addition you can take one small bag/handbag, coat, umbrella or walking stick, small camera or binoculars, reading material, a bassinet and food for kids to eat on the flight

I've never flown them so can't help with any direct experiences
Old Aug 2, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
I only flew Andes twice ages ago - around 2011 or so. It was AEP-SLA-AEP on their MD-83s. Both flights were pretty uneventful. No IFE at all save for the in-flight magazine and they served us a sandwich and coffee and soft drinks. I can't remember if they offered beer as well.

Andes is on a pretty aggressive expansion plan now. They brought some newish 738s besides the old MDs and are adding new destinations (IGR is one of them). I have read that they have been having some issues with punctuality. Last month most of their flights left over an hour late, and they ended up wet-leasing Avianca's ATRs to cover some cancellations. I haven't heard anything since then, so I guess they sorted everything out.

Please do post a trip report after your flights!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.