Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Why has this forum gone so quiet?

Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

The Argentina forum used to attract much more traffic than it does nowadays...I wonder why this is?

Could it be, given the Flyertalk community do tend to like getting more bang for their buck, the country is no longer as attractive as it used to be? Tourist numbers last time I looked were pretty healthy looking.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Tourist numbers last time I looked were pretty healthy looking.
And they look healthier when they leave!
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Many even look much younger when they leave from when they arrived.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 3:51 pm Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Apr 23, 2017, 2:47 pm

In fla tion
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
I too have noticed the decline of posting traffic. I try to contribute as often as I can. However, the lively and free posting that occurs in other threads does not seem to be the norm here. Additionally, I haven't seen as much PM's being used in other threads as it occurs here. I don't know why that is.

As to the cost of eating, I have tried to point out "everyday" places that offer great value and "local" experiences.

Let's hope the posting momentum will increase.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
I'm very glad that there are so many people here who want to help. After I finish my East Coast trip and trip to the UK, I'll be more focused on my SA trip, and will start asking a bunch of questions. Many thanks!
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:28 pm

Mendoza has seen proportionally more visitors from elsewhere in Argentina , Chile and Brazil. Less people come now from outside the continent.

As to discussion, the amount of traffic seems speicifc to the issue of air travel. I think a lot of travel agents, at least the good ones, check here for what is really going to affect their clients travel. Whenever I post about travel problems, such as with strikes or airport closures for example, there are a lo of simple views without comments or follow-up questions. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of airline people check this forum for any inside stories they have missed.

Unlike tripadvisor or lonelyplanet, there seem to be more unresponded views here in proportion to posts. Although some posters like Gaucho are good at giving good tourist informaiton about what happens on the "ground", that tends to be the exception, and most of that seems to be related to food and drink, rather than adventure or other activity. I certainly tend to limit myself to the air travel aspect here.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by David Beach
In fla tion
I second this – coming from Brazil, Argentina used to be great value. Nowadays, restaurants cost the same, shopping is a no-go, and only wine is still cheaper (and that’s because wine in Brazil is outrageously expensive).

A good start would be lowering the ridiculously high airport taxes: at U$100, it usually makes up around 1/3 of the total airfare from Brazil.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:51 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I wish to thank all those posting here on this thread for doing their part to keep this Forum active !!! ^ ^ ^
Old Apr 25, 2017, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

My lack of participation has been caused by the disappearance of my tea parcel from the UK as well as a bossy Argentine wife.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 6:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive- Blue, Lifemiles, AA Advantage, VIA Rail Preference, Iberia Plus
Sorry, I ran out of travel questions... lol

I'll be sure to post again shortly.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 6:38 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
Originally Posted by HIDDY
My lack of participation has been caused by the disappearance of my tea parcel from the UK as well as a bossy Argentine wife.
I have one of those as well .... and some tea bags brought by a business acquaintance last week
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:37 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I see that malagajohn and Hiddy share the same last words at their homes.

" Si Querida !! "
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
I see that malagajohn and Hiddy share the same last words at their homes.

" Si Querida !! "
If you think that is a bad thing , i will send the boss round to have a chat with you....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.