Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

IGR, Puerto Iguazu Airport Closure, August 2017 plus, ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Supposedly due to runway construction at IGR, Puerto Iguazu airport.

Still a lot of confusion. The idea is that all flights that would be going to Puerto Iguazu, Argentina, would be rerouted to either the Ciudad del Este, Paraguay, AGT airport, or the Foz de Iguazu, Brazil, IGU airport, but plans have not been finalized yet. The idea is that all scheduled flights would be going ahead, but landing and taking off in a different airport. The idea is also that there would be free bus service from/to Puerto Iguazu to/from whatever airport is chosen, with some kind of immigration/customs arrangements. The preference of the Argentine government is to work something out with Paraguay due to rivalry with Brazil.

Remember that the 3 month Mendoza airport closure in 2016 did not have finalized plans in terms of rerouting worked out until a few weeks before, though it did turn out okay in the end, with the end result being largely extra transit time due to having to go to airports further away. Situation normalish.

I've heard 30-60 days closure, but that has changed as well, as no contract finalized or awarded yet.

Stand by. Stay flexible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.