Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Flying into EZE from DFW: What side of plane?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2017, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE

Arriving into EZE around 0800, and this will be our first trip to South America. Wondering whether any special site might be viewed best if we have window seats on one side of the plane vs the other?

Many thanks!
Old Mar 12, 2017, 9:29 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
For EZE, I wouldn't pick any side of the plane vs the other based on sightseeing. Incoming from DFW you're most likely approaching from the west, which is vast flatlands and small towns right until EZE. Buenos Aires is some 30km north from your landing pattern - you might see it from the distance, but this is not an LHR approach by any standards, where you fly right over the Big Ben, but rather like CDG, dull and boring.

That said, if you're flying in/out of AEP during your stay, then yes, the approach can be quite spectacular, especially when runway 31 is in use.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
If you are flying with the most standard approach (no guarantees you'll be flying in this way, and no guarantees the weather gods will provide you with enough sort of visibility), you'll see the city way out in the distance from the "A" windows just prior to landing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.