Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Puerto Madero to EZE

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2017, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Puerto Madero to EZE

I am returning from Montevideo at 13:15 on 18 Feb and have a flight from EZE departing at 16:50. I will check in online and can use priority check in. Is this enough time to make the connection? I'm pre-booking a taxi to meet me at the ferry and counting on about 30 mins to get off the ferry, is that overly optimistic?
Old Feb 13, 2017, 5:31 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by NathanM
I am returning from Montevideo at 13:15 on 18 Feb and have a flight from EZE departing at 16:50. I will check in online and can use priority check in. Is this enough time to make the connection? I'm pre-booking a taxi to meet me at the ferry and counting on about 30 mins to get off the ferry, is that overly optimistic?
It's enough time. I've done this easily with time to spare at EZE. As long as there are no protests blocking the roads or airport access, it's been smooth sailing for me around these times.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: AA, DL
Feb 18th is a Saturday so less traffic and the odds of a protest or something random decrease greatly. Puerto Madero/San Telmo area are quite close to the highway leading to EZE too. You should be just fine, most likely you'll have plenty of time to spare in fact.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RobertWill
Feb 18th is a Saturday so less traffic and the odds of a protest or something random decrease greatly. Puerto Madero/San Telmo area are quite close to the highway leading to EZE too. You should be just fine, most likely you'll have plenty of time to spare in fact.
This is huge relief to hear - thanks!
Old Feb 13, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
I agree that you shouldn't worry. Provided you are not checking in luggage at Buquebus, you should be outside the ferry terminal in minutes, as immigration is done before embarkation in Uruguay (between Argentina and Uruguay we have our own border pre-clearance). From there to EZE on a Saturday afternoon it should be less than an hour. Not sure you'll have plenty of time for relaxing at the Iounge, but your transfer looks indeed feasible.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 4:54 am
Original Poster

I'm not planning on checking my bag, I'm assuming it's like other ferries I've taken where it's optional to check your bag, so I will just bring it on with me.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 5:11 am

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
Originally Posted by NathanM
I'm not planning on checking my bag, I'm assuming it's like other ferries I've taken where it's optional to check your bag, so I will just bring it on with me.
Unless its huge they wont bother too much .

In any case bag delivery is pretty quick . Quite often the bags are arriving when you get off the boat.

In the past few months they have been making you stay in your seat until the boat is actually tied up ,( After a few accidents in bad weather last year).

If you are in business class , which is upstarirs on the Francisco , just move down down to tourist about 10/15 minutes before arrival.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.