Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Superclaisco - River Plate vs Boca Jrs

Old Nov 10, 2016, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

I'm a pretty big sports fan and usually like to check out local sporting events when I'm travelling. Apparently I'll be in BA for the River Plate vs Boca Jrs superclassico match.

The price I was quoted to attend for a guide+tickets+transport is exorbitant ($500 USDpp) and apparently there are numerous safety concerns for tourists as well. I'm not sure if the safety concerns are overblown for a 3rd party spectator.

Any thoughts it's worth attending? I don't mind shelling out the money if it's an amazing experience.

Last edited by TraveltheWorld; Nov 10, 2016 at 3:58 pm
Old Nov 10, 2016, 9:18 pm

Location: Birmingham, AL (weekdays) and Atlanta, GA (weekends)
Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
I can't speak to that particular game, but those people are frickin crazy when a game is happening!
Old Dec 29, 2016, 7:31 am

500$ is way to much . I had paid 120$ with guide,tix and transportation.

And it was worth every penny.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 3:36 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
It all depends on what seats you get. For well located tickets, $500 all-in can be a bargain. Without more information, its hard to give you proper feedback.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA, DL
Originally Posted by Psychowildfire
500$ is way to much . I had paid 120$ with guide,tix and transportation.
Wow! What year was that? I went 3 times, 2008, 2011 and 2016, twice at La Bombonera and once to the Monumental and never saw packages for even close to that even for the standing section.

$500 USD is quite reasonable for some of the better seating in the stadium at La Bombonera especially coupled with guide and transport. A ticket at face value (I have a good contact at River Plate's stadium) for middle deck, sideline was $5,000 pesos ($335 USD at the time) which was just a few months ago to give you an idea.

At Boca, tickets are harder to come by. I went twice with LandingPad, I recommend touching base with them.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 11:13 pm

Was at Bocas Bombonera and in the River Area .

Im sorry but was not 125$ , was 150$.

Booked over http://buenosairesfreetour.com/our-tours/stadium-tour

Last edited by Psychowildfire; Jan 30, 2017 at 11:23 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.