Wiki Posts
Search

Steak at EZE?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2016, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier
Steak at EZE?

I have a few hours at EZE connecting between an inbound Emirates flight from Rio and an outbound Latam Argentina to Miami. Is there a restaurant there where I can get a decent Argentinian steak?

Thanks!
Old Aug 21, 2016, 1:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by pjrubindc
I have a few hours at EZE connecting between an inbound Emirates flight from Rio and an outbound Latam Argentina to Miami. Is there a restaurant there where I can get a decent Argentinian steak?

Thanks!
If you have access to the Centurion inner sanctum portion of the airside Centurion lounge at EZE, you can order steak from the (free) menu there IIRC. It's on the mezzanine level of the new SkyTeam terminal, just next to the newish AR lounge and upstairs from the gate DL uses for its flight to ATL, but the entire (international) airport at EZE is connected airside even though there are three terminals that seem distinct (and not so close) for their landside check in areas.

With only a few hours, you don't have time to leave the airport and probably shouldn't even go landside unless your tickets require it. There's just too much risk of bad traffic jams and long lines for passport control and security.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

But how is the steak?
Old Aug 21, 2016, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Also, I do have 3 hrs 45 minutes. Anything good land side?
Old Aug 21, 2016, 7:15 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
The best steak near (but outside) of EZE is El Mangrullo.

I doubt anything to be had inside EZE is worthy of being called Steak, but I may be wrong... perhaps others can comment on what they have had inside Ezeiza...?
Old Aug 21, 2016, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by pjrubindc
Also, I do have 3 hrs 45 minutes. Anything good land side?
Here's the airport list:
http://www.aa2000.com.ar/gastronomia.aspx

The "pre-embarque" designation should be the departure (airside) places. I can't ever recall smelling grilled meat anywhere at EZE.

Note that your 3 hours and 45 minutes means that you really should not go landside, as you don't have time.

(1) You probably don't have AR departure tax in your ticket. (If you are on separate tickets, you very well may have paid it.) When you have the BP scan before you go to the security checkpoint, you will likely have a problem.

(2) You need to allow a minimum of an hour for security and exit migraciones at your MIA departure time. It could take 20 minutes, or it could take over 60.

(3) You need to be at your gate about 45 minutes before your flight.

(4) You need to allow 30 to 45 minutes for arrival (immigration / customs). It could take 15 minutes. Or it could take an hour.

I do not recall ever having eaten anything outside of one of the lounges. And I've never been in the holy sainted portion of the AX lounge, as you can't buy your way in unless you have one of those fancy billion dollar cards or sleep with someone who does.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.