Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EZE Courier Service request

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2016, 7:56 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Post EZE Courier Service request

Hello Folks.... if anybody is planning on coming down to EZE anytime now until September 10-15th and doesn't mind acting as a Courier for a few small items from Amazon, please let me know.

I need to purchase a few Sony PS4 Video games and two joystick controllers, and some OTC medicines (Dayquil, etc.).

Contact me through PM or else post here and I will be in touch.

Thanks,
Alex / Gaucho100K
Old Aug 2, 2016, 9:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Hello Folks.... if anybody is planning on coming down to EZE anytime now until September 10-15th and doesn't mind acting as a Courier for a few small items from Amazon, please let me know.

I need to purchase a few Sony PS4 Video games and two joystick controllers, and some OTC medicines (Dayquil, etc.).

Contact me through PM or else post here and I will be in touch.

Thanks,
Alex / Gaucho100K
Hi Alex,

I will be visiting Buenos Aires in 3 weeks and I don't mind bringing a few items.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Bumping this up... I have secured a courier for the Video Games, but still need folks coming down to bring some other items, including a Lego set, etc.

If anybody is coming down soon and has some free space in one of their bags, please let me know... ^
Old Dec 31, 2016, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Bumping this up again. Any FTer coming down to EZE and have an extra bag allowance please let me know.

Thanks !!!
Alex
Old Dec 31, 2016, 12:27 pm
Suspended

When?
Old Dec 31, 2016, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

No specific timeframe, need continuous deliveries so I'm very flexible.....
Old Jan 1, 2017, 7:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You should use the new ''fast and reliable door to door service'' initiated by Macri.

On second thoughts.....I did three months ago and I'm still waiting for my Ł9 loose tea order from the UK to arrive. The third parcel from the UK that's disappeared over the last year. No wonder you use FT couriers.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 7:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by HIDDY
You should use the new ''fast and reliable door to door service'' initiated by Macri.

On second thoughts.....I did three months ago and I'm still waiting for my Ł9 loose tea order from the UK to arrive. The third parcel from the UK that's disappeared over the last year. No wonder you use FT couriers.
I smell a business opportunity...
Old Jan 2, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Ive been able to use the new door to door scheme, but through a full service logistics company that uses DHL and/or UPS as the carrier. I have no experience with normal Postal Service, so I cannot shed any light on how that works.

I think Hiddy's experience above is more indicative of how that option is working.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:16 am
Original Poster

BTW, my current Courier need is related to Wine(s), hence the new Door to Door system is not applicable to my specific situation......
Old Jan 2, 2017, 8:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
I think Hiddy's experience above is more indicative of how that option is working.
Yeah I reckon my British Corner Shop bought loose leaf tea found its way to someone elses door......a customs or Correo staff members door more than likely....

I hope to God they at least had the decency to warm the pot before adding the tea and hot water then allowed it to mast a while before pouring. Using a tea strainer and proper china cups of course. Pass the digestive por favor....
Old Jan 3, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
Here's a report on what the problems were with the Argentine Postal Service just over a couple of months ago:
http://www.thebubble.com/door-to-doo...cked-up-to-be/

More recently it was reported that the Postal Service has ~0.25 million unclaimed packages and a ~2 month back up ...
Old Jan 14, 2017, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Bump... just in case anybody is coming down to EZE in the near future....
Old Jan 19, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
Wednesday January 25. I am in NJ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.