Shipping to Argentina from U.S.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shipping to Argentina from U.S.

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2016, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
Nope. Still the same nonsense, but you don't have to fill out the stupid AFIP declaration form in advance anymore.
http://www.clarin.com/sociedad/compr...575442642.html
http://www.infobae.com/2016/03/16/17...-no-es-oficial

Don't worry all those abandoned items are put it good use!
Old May 20, 2016, 2:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Crazy way to run a country!!

While people steal millions of dollars and walk free ordinary folk get punished just for going about their daily business.
Old May 20, 2016, 7:53 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Actually, Macri has ordered AFIP to stop the silliness but it appears that Customs and AFIP have yet to pen down the fine print for the new regulations that actually govern the day to day process. I agree this is madness and that is costs more to try to manage than anything they may get in terms of taxes, etc..... I hope this gets fixed over the next month or so. You are 100% right about being pissed over this, it is indeed nonsense. Shame on MM and his team for not being able to sort this out sooner !!!

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Anyway you didn't answer my Macri question. Was it not reported he had announced a while back the impounding of personal packages was stopping? If so why hasn't it happened? The practice must be costing a ruddy fortune to monitor. I dread to think how many packages of personal possessions are lying abandoned in some rat infested shed

Sorry Alex I know you're a Macri fan but things like this just get up peoples noses.
Old May 21, 2016, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Actually, Macri has ordered AFIP to stop the silliness but it appears that Customs and AFIP have yet to pen down the fine print for the new regulations that actually govern the day to day process. I agree this is madness and that is costs more to try to manage than anything they may get in terms of taxes, etc..... I hope this gets fixed over the next month or so. You are 100% right about being pissed over this, it is indeed nonsense. Shame on MM and his team for not being able to sort this out sooner !!!
That sounds hopeful. ^
Let's hope they come up with a solution sooner rather than later and it isn't just another half baked scheme to catch the minnows. They can then concentrate resources on going after the sharks who are the ones they should be chasing.
Old May 21, 2016, 11:46 am

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
slightly off topic , but maybe not ..

a couple of things from La Nacion last week

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1899333-u...rregularidades

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1899334-d...s-bajo-la-lupa
Old May 24, 2016, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
That sounds hopeful. ^
Let's hope they come up with a solution sooner rather than later and it isn't just another half baked scheme to catch the minnows. They can then concentrate resources on going after the sharks who are the ones they should be chasing.
The wait time is now up to 5 hours ...
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1902024-l...cha-burocracia
Old Jun 24, 2016, 6:38 am

Reports suggest customs at EZE are giving everyone, even tourists, a hard time especially when it comes to bringing in personal electronic gadgets.
Are these people K sympathisers out to cause trouble?
Old Jun 26, 2016, 2:40 pm

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Reports suggest customs at EZE are giving everyone, even tourists, a hard time especially when it comes to bringing in personal electronic gadgets.
Are these people K sympathisers out to cause trouble?
Where did you read or hear about this...? My sister just got back from the US with 7 bags full or all sorts of stuff, including electronics and some of it even in original boxes and didn't get more than the usual level of scrutiny.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 3:43 pm

Where did you read or hear about this...? My sister just got back from the US with 7 bags full or all sorts of stuff, including electronics and some of it even in original boxes and didn't get more than the usual level of scrutiny.
On a forum....probably someone scaremongering. Glad to hear your sisters experience suggests otherwise. ^
Any news on the impounding of parcels?
Old Jun 27, 2016, 8:03 am

No experience with parcels send down by regular mail.... all my stuff gets muled down by real people.....

Any news on the impounding of parcels?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 5:54 pm

And it seems Macri has delivered....at least from my interpretation of the new rules. ^
My wife is still waiting for the delivery of her jacket from England. Think it's safe to say she can forget about ever seeing that again thanks to that ruddy K woman.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 7:37 pm

Yes, the new door to door Courier service will be in full force starting August 1st.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 11:07 am

Yes, the new door to door Courier service will be in full force starting August 1st.
Think I'll wait for some feedback before placing an order. It might not all go according to plan.

According to what I read.The thousands and thousands of impounded packages that have been lying for months unclaimed will be auctioned off rather than sent on to their rightful owners. Even the ones where the receiver wasn't informed. Awful way to treat your people.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 4:02 pm

I think it would be wise to wait for 2-3 weeks after the entire process goes live, it will save time and headaches.

Not sure where you read the below on the thousands of impounded packages. I would be very interested to read... if you have a link or a source for this please let me know.

I must agree that auctioning things that were impounded and not contacting the person these were originally sent to is simply wrong.

Think I'll wait for some feedback before placing an order. It might not all go according to plan.

According to what I read.The thousands and thousands of impounded packages that have been lying for months unclaimed will be auctioned off rather than sent on to their rightful owners. Even the ones where the receiver wasn't informed. Awful way to treat your people.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 7:22 am

I think it would be wise to wait for 2-3 weeks after the entire process goes live, it will save time and headaches.

Not sure where you read the below on the thousands of impounded packages. I would be very interested to read... if you have a link or a source for this please let me know.

I must agree that auctioning things that were impounded and not contacting the person these were originally sent to is simply wrong.
An article in La Nacion mentioned that impounded items not collected were to be auctioned off. As neither my wife nor I have been contacted to collect our parcels we have to assume they'll be amongst them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.