Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

How to get from EZE to AEP airport?

Old Aug 4, 2015, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

Since my flight will schedule to land EZE at 8:00am, can I take another flight at 10:00 at EZE. If not, I have to book another flight at AEP airport. Please advise me how to get there and how long does it takes.

By the way, is it safe to travel around Argentina? Which part is safer?

Is it cheaper to by air pass?

Thank you.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
2 hrs should be plenty of time for a connection at EZE, even if its international-to-international. If at all possible, book both flights on the same ticket, so you're not on your own if there's a flight delay or cancellation which forces you to miss the connection.

For transferring from EZE to AEP there is apparently a shuttle service, or you can take a taxi.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 10:58 am

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
I did this connection by bus last year. IIRC then it's a free transfer if you are connecting on Aerolineas Argentinas and it takes about 45 mins.

With a total of two hours for the whole thing, you might be a bit pushed depending on where you are arriving from/customs/baggage/traffic/time of day etc..

AEP is a small airport and pretty easy to get through, but something tells me you might want to plan for a bit of slack...
Old Aug 5, 2015, 12:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by maggiehk
Since my flight will schedule to land EZE at 8:00am, can I take another flight at 10:00 at EZE. If not, I have to book another flight at AEP airport. Please advise me how to get there and how long does it takes.

By the way, is it safe to travel around Argentina? Which part is safer?

Is it cheaper to by air pass?

Thank you.
Can you give us the flight details for the 2 hour connection at EZE? If it's all on one ticket then I wouldn't worry. If it's two separate tickets then you may need to clear immigration, collect your luggage, go through customs, check luggage in, head through security then back via immigration again.

As for travelling around Argentina.....probably as safe if not safer than where you live. Buying an air pass is a good idea if you are using cash rather than miles to pay for domestic flights.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 4:22 pm

eze-eze: Unless it is an international to international connection without changing terminal or leaving the international area or collecting bags, a bad idea to transfer on 2 hours turnaround even if you are on time. Immigration,customs, running between terminals booking the bags onto another flight, then line up and go through the security control will probaly make you late even if you happen to arrive on time.

eze-aep: Really 4 hours is probably the minimum, for many of the same reasons. One hour shuttle (more if traffic), or somewhat less with expensive taxi. Last week, I arrived on a flight from Spain at EZE, scheduled for 8:10, but arriving at 10:45 (late arrivals like this are very common for EZE, regardless of the airline), and just made my 14:40 plane at AEP to Mendoza with only 15 minutes to spare, after pleading with other passengers to get to the head of the the Immigration and Customs queues at EZE , and taking the Tienda Leon bus shuttle in normal traffic.

I am amazed at some of the somewhat cavalier attitudes of some on travel forums playing fast and loose with connection times.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Thx all. There are very useful info.

Can you introduce where to see/meet more wildlife, like Penguin, sealions, etc. I'll visit from BA to Ushuaia. Thx.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:12 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by maggiehk
Thx all. There are very useful info.

Can you introduce where to see/meet more wildlife, like Penguin, sealions, etc. I'll visit from BA to Ushuaia. Thx.
Patagonia is where you need to go to see the above.... for Tropical wildlife, you would need to go to Iguazu, Misiones and surrounding areas.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:59 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
How good is the BsAs zoo for Argentinian wildlife?
Old Aug 6, 2015, 6:20 am

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
My bad for starting to go off topic... lets revert back to the issue of this thread.

For wildlife related issues, please start a new thread !!!

Thanks,
Gaucho100K
Old Aug 6, 2015, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by David Beach

I am amazed at some of the somewhat cavalier attitudes of some on travel forums playing fast and loose with connection times.
Yes which is why we need the extra info on whether it is going to be all on one ticket or separate ones.
If all on one the OP will be covered in the event of miss connecting anyway whereas if that were to happen on separate tickets they could be in trouble. If I were doing it on separate tickets I'd be very wary.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
8 AM arrival one should plan on approximately 60 minutes for immigration, baggage claim and customs. It could take as few as 30 minutes, but only if you happen to be "first plane in" of the North America bank of flights. It could (but is unlikely to take) longer than 60 minutes.

If you are flying domestic from EZE, you'll still need to go deal with your luggage, possible check-in, and getting to Terminal C. I've never done that, so I don't know how long that will take, but it has to be no less than a half hour.

If you are flying Int'l/Int'l and your bags are checked through, 2 hours is fine. There's easy transit security, and then you're back in Departures.

4 hours to AEP is probably fine. I wouldn't cut it any closer. And I wouldn't cut EZE any closer than 3 hours for anything else than an Int'l/Int'l connection with bags checked through.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 2:15 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
I agree with Eastbay1K, although 4 hours for an EZE-AEP change might be a bit too optimistic. Most friends and family from the provinces allow 6 hours to change airports in case traffic is hectic.

Terminal A to Terminal C is a 10 minute-walk, probably a bit longer if you are carrying large bags and stuff.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 8:41 pm

When (month of travel) do you arrive...? Seasonality also plays a role at EZE / AEP, as does day of the week and traffic if you want to get into the fine details. Also, if you want to make things most seamless, you may want to schedule a Car Service to be waiting for you at EZE and zip you out to AEP... if anything should happen this can save you very valuable 15-20 minutes that it may take to get a car depending on how busy the transfer booths are on any given day.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 12:32 pm

Has anyone arrived at one of the the EZE international terminals over the last few weeks?

The AFIP (tax officials, also responsible for collecting import fees for items bought abroad) stormtroopers have recently completely taken over Aduana (customs), and installed X-ray machines, forcing all baggage to go through. Until recently, they used to just waive most people right through, especially foreigners. Not now. The lineups have been truly monumental. When I flew into EZE by Iberia from Spain at the end of July, there was a lineup stretching all the way back to the baggage reclaim (Immigration was not too bad at that time, better than normal), over a thousand people for sure, and a person who was at the front of the line told me she had waited 3 hours (I asked to bud in at the front because I said I had a connection, and did not get any resistence, others may resist). This was at about 11:15 am when I passed through "customs", my arrival for 8:10 having been delayed to about 10:30. If I had not budded in the Customs line, I would have certainly been late for my 2:40 pm flight from AEP to Mendoza even if I had immediately taken a taxi.

The times waiting for luggage at the carousels have also increased, and the AFIP/federal police people , apart from what they do at customs, now appear to grab 1 in 10 bags, and wait for the person to show up looking for them to tell them to open them for manual inspection. This was interesting to watch , as I was waiting about half an hour for my bags after the first started coming through from my flight.

I would strongly recommend that if you are flying into EZE and connecting at AEP (or vice-versa), spend the night in the city of BA at a hotel, unless you have a ridiculously long turnaround time like 10 hours or more. Seriously. Too much, more than can be mentioned in a post, can go wrong. Anyone suggesting otherwise can play it tight with their own lives, but should avoid playing with others.

Last edited by David Beach; Aug 10, 2015 at 12:45 pm Reason: spalink, details
Old Aug 10, 2015, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
The X-ray machines have been there for years, and I cannot recall a trip where all of my bags were not subject to X-ray.

I've had, on rare occasion, horrible customs lines backing up to near baggage claim.

The other vigilance does appear quite heightened, although I've frequently seen people with their bags opened up and the tax man's erection growing by the second.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.