Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Aerolineas Argentina - Large difference in ticketing prices?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2015, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

I'm trying to go from EZE/AEP-USH in november/early december and I can buy it on the US website for ~$500 RT or I can buy it on the local website for ~$300 RT. I'm not sure what the catch is. Can someone enlighten me?

As a side note, is $500 a reasonable price to pay for this trip? It does seem pretty expensive. Thanks!
Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:38 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Beware that the price quoted in the Argentine website might only be valid for residents of Argentina, which would technically allow ground staff to deny you boarding if you fail to provide an Argentine ID number (DNI). Some non-residents manage to get onboard, usually by doing online check-in and flying only with carry-on luggage (thus no ID check), but I don't think I'd take the risk.

I'm sure the matter has been previously discussed in this forum.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 6:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You'll be made well aware on the site if you're buying a resident fare and the price difference does seem to suggest it is.

Whether $500 is reasonable or not is impossible to say...if LAN are charging similar then I guess it's the going rate. With not a lot of competition on the route you probably don't have much choice to be honest. It's a fair old distance and with your dates coming into high season probably about right. I wouldn't be in any rush to buy at that price though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.