Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie to BA - Passport Needed to book a tour

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Newbie to BA - Passport Needed to book a tour

I hope someone can help. I am based in London and will be in BA in two weeks. I am trying to book some tours of BA through an independent travel agent based in BA. The tours do not cross borders. To actually book the tour, the travel agent has now requested me to send a scan of my passport. For me this is an unusual request. Maybe those more familiar with BA can tell me if it's the norm for visitors from outside Argentina to provide a scan of the passport.

Many thanks
Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:36 pm

Not a requirement for a tour as far as I know, but hotels and distance buslines are required to note down passport numbers for security and notice reasons, and this is to probably circumvent need to do this for the service providers.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 3:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Having to provide some form of identification is a daily occurrence here so I wouldn't worry about it especially when it's travel related.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
David & Hiddy: Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.