Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Football - Jan-Feb, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2014, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Football - Jan-Feb, 2015

I'm wondering one of you can give me a link or info on football matches in Argentina in early 2015.

I'm wondering if there are any Torneo de verano games in Mendoza in January, 10 to 18?

And wondering is there's a schedule out yet for the start of the regular season in February. I'll be in BA until Feb 24 so I hope there might be a weekend or two before that of competitive games.

Any online links or schedules would be much appreciated.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 5:55 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
This is the fixture for the Torneo de Verano 2015, apparently the only match in Mendoza is River v. Boca on January 30th:

http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/1...de-verano-2015

I don't think the 2015 Primera División fixture is already up. Will let you know if I come across it.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 4:04 pm

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Hey jimmac!
Unfortunately, the only match in Mendoza will be held on the 30th of January. It will be a Superclásico (Boca-River). The other games will be played in Mar del Plata, as part of the Summer Tournament (Torneo de verano). Here's a link!

Regarding the 2015 regular tournament, I can't find a fixture (probably, there's no fixture out yet) but I'm 99% sure it starts on the 15th of February, so you'll be able to see a match or two.
My recommendation is to go to La Bombonera, which is the Boca Juniors stadium. Best football experience you'll find.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 6:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by tuchop
My recommendation is to go to La Bombonera, which is the Boca Juniors stadium. Best football experience you'll find.
The fans at El Monumental the other night were sensational.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw_nXzwiCtY
Old Dec 13, 2014, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
The fans at El Monumental the other night were sensational.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw_nXzwiCtY
Yeah it was really nice! But the Bombonera experience goes beyond anything and everything. Of course, any final will be spectacular no matter where they play it, but the beginning of the tournaments are not that wow. So I was suggesting Boca Junior's stadium because on a normal match day, he'll probably have a blast anyways.
If the OP manages to go to a superclásico in the Summer Tournament, he'll have a great experience regardless of which side he chooses (I'd balance in favour of Boca Juniors ).

PS: I have seats in La Bombonera, so if you need advice on locations (which place will be better to enjoy the game, accessing the stadium, etc) let me know! I know the stadium pretty well. I don't sell tickets and don't know anyone who does, so I can't help with that .
Old Dec 14, 2014, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. That was quite the show at El Monumental, Hiddy.

I did seen River and Boca in Mendoza in 2013. Its too bad my 2015 visit there doesn't coincide with next superclasico game there.

I have been to El Monumental once though it was for a Copa Sudamericana game against a Mexican team so there were almost no opposing team fans.

If there's a chance to go to La Bombonera, I'd love to go. But if the season starts Feb 15 I may be able to take in 2 games. Tuchop, I'd be grateful if you could post a link when the schedule for the 2015 season is made public.

Thanks
Old Dec 16, 2014, 8:04 pm

Hi jimmac, they just released the fixture for the local tournament of 2015. Boca will play home on the first game (15th of February) and Riber will play away. On the second game (22nd), the Millionaires (River) will play home and the Bosteers (?) (Boca) will play against. So you'll have the opportunity to visit both stadiums. I'll attach a link to the fixture. I still suggest you go to La Bombonera on the 15th of February to see the first match on our stadium, if you can get/find tickets. And if you can, go to El Monumental on the 22nd.. just take warm clothes because it can get cold in there (read: irony).

http://www.afa.org.ar/images/Boletin...imera_2015.pdf

PS: I think the Boca Juniors Hotel sells some packs (Hotel+Game tickets) so it might be a good start to find some tickets.

Last edited by tuchop; Dec 16, 2014 at 8:19 pm
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Tuchop, thanks a lot for the info and the link. I will, indeed, try to take in two games. Thanks again.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 5:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by tuchop
Yeah it was really nice! But the Bombonera experience goes beyond anything and everything. Of course, any final will be spectacular no matter where they play it, but the beginning of the tournaments are not that wow. .
Agreed...it was a one off and not the norm. Even the Bombonera can be quiet on normal league action day.
Argentine domestic football is on the whole pretty underwhelming.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 5:39 am

Concerning the schedule for 2015, they just give the approximate match dates, so the exact day and time of the match will not be announced until 4 or 5 days before, so do not depend on that for tight travel schedules, and do not believe any ticket aganet who tell you the date/time is fixed. Even the match dates can be changed due to vschedule conflicts or other problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.