Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Week in Buenos Aires - which side trip?

Week in Buenos Aires - which side trip?

Old Dec 11, 2014, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Mendoza is a perfectly nice place, but it is not spectacular.

Iguazu Falls is spectacular.

Spend two full days at the falls.
Well said. I couldn't agree more! I wouldn't worry about the Brazilian visa because you can see plenty from the Argentina side. It's also expensive for just 1-2 days of use.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:40 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Brazil: less than 1/3 of the falls, some great views and a boardwalk, the Dos Cataratas hotel, possible helicopter rides, a natural history center you can see caged fauna of the area - and in the Cataratas area, very aggressive coatimundis that will fight you for food (and win) or happily rifle your backpack for any morsels you might have in it. You can do it all in a few hours.

Argentina: 2/3 or more of the falls, many hikes including to an island with great views, boats into the throat of the falls, fauna you can see (especially a rich avifauna) in its natural habitat (especially if you're at the Sheraton and go out before and after the day hordes arrive), boardwalks out over extensive parts of the falls, excursions into the second growth forest. It will take two days to really experience the falls. (No helicopter rides from this side.)

I've done both. We stayed at the Sheraton and as we had Brazilian visas did a day trip to Foç. Definitely, if you're already in Argentina, visit the Argenitine side - for a couple of days if possible.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.