Domestic -> International Transfer at EZE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2014, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P

Hi there,

Flying MDZ-EZE-MIA in a few days.

Relatively tight connection. Intend to have EZE-MIA boarding pass in hand, but wanted to get expert perspectives on the process and, more importantly, time needed to complete the transfer.

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:56 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
Originally Posted by stevenshev
Hi there,

Flying MDZ-EZE-MIA in a few days.

Relatively tight connection. Intend to have EZE-MIA boarding pass in hand, but wanted to get expert perspectives on the process and, more importantly, time needed to complete the transfer.

Thanks in advance.
What airlines are you flying?
Old Nov 28, 2014, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
AR and AA
Old Nov 28, 2014, 3:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AR and AA
They're not partners and use different areas of the airport although all of EZE is connected airside.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, not at all concerned about walking times, more concerned about requirements for security and passport control and the associated times/lines.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Thanks, not at all concerned about walking times, more concerned about requirements for security and passport control and the associated times/lines.
I'd estimate that the average wait times for security and passport control are 5 to 20 minutes, each. Either could take longer, but rarely so.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 8:39 pm

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Define tight? because from what you're mentioning.. since AR and AA are not on the same Alliance.. you'll have get your bags upon arrival and then head to the International departures and Check In at the AA counters, pass through security and passport controls, and board the plane. If the connection is less than 2 hours long.. then I'd suggest you change one of your flights.

MDZ-EZE flight arrives at 8.45PM
EZE-MIA on AA will be the 9.10PM AA900 or the 12.15AM AA908

If you're taking AA900.. you won't have time. 40 minutes won't be enough to do all of what I mentioned (please someone correct me if i'm wrong, but a friend of mine had to go through all that on a similar situation). If the AR plane lands on time (pray any and every God), and you're taking AA908 you'll have 3 hours and 45 minutes. My guess is that you'll have enough time in this scenario.

Last edited by tuchop; Nov 29, 2014 at 12:16 am
Old Nov 28, 2014, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, but no bags, so most of your concerns don't apply. It is 43 minutes.

As I envision it, off the plane, security, passport control, onto the new plane. Question is the potential for bottlenecks at security/passport control, but, from the above, the averages don't seem to be too bad (and I suspect transfers don't get subjected to the normal security line, but that's part of what I am trying to decipher).
Old Nov 28, 2014, 10:02 pm

As I envision it, off the plane, security, passport control, onto the new plane. Question is the potential for bottlenecks at security/passport control, but, from the above, the averages don't seem to be too bad (and I suspect transfers don't get subjected to the normal security line, but that's part of what I am trying to decipher).
There's no way you can do this in 43 minutes. You'll be arriving in Terminal C, so you'll have to walk over to Terminal A for security/exit immigration (including biometric imaging). At that time of night I wouldn't bet on a speedy transit. Depending on the number of lanes open at the WTMDs and immigration, I'd not attempt to do this in under 90 minutes.

Occasionally I've taken only 15 minutes to pass through security/immigration, but other times it's been over an hour.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Even at 15 minutes each for security/passport control, plus walk time, the doors will be closed before you get there. AA will have likely given your seat away if it was needed, even if the doors weren't closed.

The security line is prior to your exit formalities.

Even if you have status, that doesn't help with anything @ EZE. And even if you "don't have luggage," AR can be very tight with the hand luggage, so it could get pulled from you.

I'd want a minimum of 120 minutes for this, but the absolute minimum would be 75.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 5:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Only 43 minutes connection time?

I trust this is all on the one ticket as you run a very high risk of missing your MIA flight? I thought US bound flights came under stricter connection rules than most due to extra security checks. I could be wrong but good luck anyway.....hope you make it.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 7:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Only 43 minutes connection time?

I trust this is all on the one ticket as you run a very high risk of missing your MIA flight?
Almost a certainty I'd say. There's no way this is sufficient time
Old Nov 29, 2014, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Hmm....that's disconcerting. May just do AEP and schlep over.

Can you get from C to A airside? Or do you need to walk out of the terminal, outside, and then begin the process from scratch?
Old Nov 29, 2014, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can you get from C to A airside? Or do you need to walk out of the terminal, outside, and then begin the process from scratch?
You must go through exit formalities to leave the country. If you were int'l/int'l transit, you would not.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 11:03 am

My experience is all on UA from EZE-US ... but ...
How will you have a boarding pass before you get to EZE?
You'll need to be subjected to security questioning and have your passport checked to make sure that you've not overstayed your visa (this comes BEFORE checkin is allowed). The security agent will give you a slip of paper that you'll need to surrender to the security screeners at the gate (US-bound flights get extra screening). This is in addition to the WTMD and exit immigration.

Since it's not peak season yet, there should be short lines at the WTMD and immigration - however this is not always the case - it depends on how many agents are working the various stations.

Exiting Argentina connecting from a domestic flight is no different than if you had arrived by vehicle at Terminal A.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.