Wiki Posts
Search

Paying for hotel through local bank transfer

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2014, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Paying for hotel through local bank transfer

Hi guys,

I booked a hotel in IGR for a visit soon. I'll be in BA before I leave to IGR.

I want to avoid carrying pesos in cash to pay for the bill. Is there a way to perhaps wire the money to them locally? Is there some form of bank transfer which is available?

ro
Old Nov 19, 2014, 1:08 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Do you have a "local" account...? If not, how do you intend to fund this account, assuming you will have someone that will allow to use his/her/its bank to do this.

I understand your desire to not carry cash, but if you want to take advantage of the dual exchange rate situation, cash may be unavoidable unless you get quite elaborate with the details and can find very relevant local support.... there will be a lot of details involved.

If you are not a resident then opening a local account will be very, very difficult to outright impossible.

If you are thinking of wiring funds from abroad to a local account, that is doable but you will be getting the official exchange rate.

Perhaps its best you elaborate more on the entire picture of what you want to do so that you can get more precise answers and advice.

Originally Posted by rolexel
Hi guys,

I booked a hotel in IGR for a visit soon. I'll be in BA before I leave to IGR.

I want to avoid carrying pesos in cash to pay for the bill. Is there a way to perhaps wire the money to them locally? Is there some form of bank transfer which is available?

ro
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Hi,

I was merely looking at options like BillPay or Western union where you can go to any of their branchs and they can take a cash payment and deposit it in to the merchant's account. In US you can also do this at any bank where the merchant has an account... you just deposit cash into their account at your local branch and they will see that come up in their system. You dont personally need to hold an account for this. The net effect is you are able to avoid traveling or carrying any cash except for incidentals.

-
Ro
Old Nov 19, 2014, 6:20 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I can imagine you should be able to do this for hotels.... ask them for their bank information and go to one of the bank's branches and make a Peso Deposit. As long as your cash deposit is under AR$30,000 you will not be asked any questions.

Just make sure you clear this with the hotel in advance so they have their accounting dept. acknowledge the deposit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.