Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Estancia

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2014, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Estancia

We will be in Argentina this August (myself, DW, DS, DD) for two weeks. I'm looking for an estancia that's not to far from BA that can be done in a day trip or max 1 night. I'm not looking for the 4* experience - just the basic, since our budget is already stretched. Any suggestions?
Old Jun 25, 2014, 7:11 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Estancia El Ombú

Several years ago, we spent a wonderful day at Estancia El Ombú near San Antonio de Areco (which is also worth a look). http://www.estanciaelombu.com/eombu.htm

If I remember correctly, it is about 1˝-2 hours outside B.A.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Finally...

For anybody that may be looking for an estancia, we finally went to Estancia Las Viboras in Dolores and I highly recommend them. Nothing is staged or touristy there !

http://estancialasviboras.com.ar/index_en.php
Old Aug 24, 2014, 9:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Yul67
For anybody that may be looking for an estancia, we finally went to Estancia Las Viboras in Dolores and I highly recommend them. Nothing is staged or touristy there !

Good to know you enjoyed it. ^

I visited an old estancia a friend of the family has about six years ago in my neck of the woods. They were setting it up for visitors while we were there. I wasn't too impressed with the place and Tripadvisor reviews seem to reflect my thoughts at the time. Hopefully they'll either get their act together and offer their guests value for money or stop operating it altogether.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Yul67

Can you share a little more info about your experience? How much was a day visit? What activities? How was the food? Your original post said you wanted to go not too far from BA but Las Viboras in 240 km from BA, a fair distance.

I've been to El Ombu for an overnight and enjoyed it but we're going back with another couple in January and would like to try something new.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 3:37 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Yes.... Estancia reviews are always welcome !!!
Old Sep 14, 2014, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

We loved our experience so much that it's a pleasure to give you some additional info. First, for the location - it was indeed farther that what we were looking for initially but anything closer seemed too "staged" as an estancia. That being said, it was an easy drive to and from.

As per the estancia, it's in a very old and beautiful U shaped building, nicely decorated, with not a large amount of rooms. We stayed for 1.5 days in August, low season for them (winter) and had the place to ourselves for most of the time. They are busier during the summer months but it will still remain an intimate affair.

For the activities, they offered horseback riding and tennis since the pool and canoeing were closed for the season. I don't know if they offer more since our main focus was horseback riding and boy did we get our money's worth. We rode 3 times, twice with a guide and a third time, with gauchos, where we experienced and saw "live" typical work they do with the cattle every day. The property is huge and we rode for hours at every occasion.

Food wise, meals where varied and delicious, including the asado (BBQ) and we always had way more to eat than what we should have had. The service was discreet and efficient, either for the meals or tending the rooms.

Finally, if I remember correctly, it came out to +/- 800$ for five persons for 1.5 days as mentioned, everything included. If you have more questions, don't hesitate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.