Wiki Posts
Search

EZE Lounges as of 2014

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2015, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Originally Posted by kcaluwae
OW Sapphire (Aadvantage Platinum) travelling on BA in WT+.
What lounges can I access?
For sure the Lan & AA lounges.
Question is if I can access the Centurion lounge as well as this is apparently used by BA. (But maybe only when flying in Club world)
I'm not sure, since BA's site does not specify. I guess we need someone with experience there. Anyways, you get access to both LAN and AA's lounges. As I recommended before, I'd go with the LAN lounge hands down over the AA and the Centurion Lounge (Platinum sector).
Old Sep 13, 2015, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by tuchop
I'm not sure, since BA's site does not specify. I guess we need someone with experience there. Anyways, you get access to both LAN and AA's lounges. As I recommended before, I'd go with the LAN lounge hands down over the AA and the Centurion Lounge (Platinum sector).
Generally agreed. However, I wonder if BA pays AX to put out a better F&B offering during its departure time.

During my last trip and for my next trip, I won't have any LAN lounge access @ EZE. I was missing it. That said, I like the AX lounge during off peak hours. It is a decent space, although they could up their F&B game a bit.

I don't understand the people that like the AA lounge best, but good for them, as they keep the others a bit less crowded.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 5:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I don't understand the people that like the AA lounge best, but good for them, as they keep the others a bit less crowded.
I prefer the IB/AA lounge due to the natural light coming in and the view to the apron. It seems to give it a more spacious feel. Everyone has their own preferences when it comes to food and drink but I thought the IB/AA lounge edged it on the food front. Not sure about the booze as I only have eyes for the red wine, beer and coffee when in a lounge and both provided them.
The BA flight leaves about the same time as the afternoon IB flight so both should be pretty quiet.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 12:35 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I prefer the IB/AA lounge due to the natural light coming in and the view to the apron. It seems to give it a more spacious feel. Everyone has their own preferences when it comes to food and drink but I thought the IB/AA lounge edged it on the food front. Not sure about the booze as I only have eyes for the red wine, beer and coffee when in a lounge and both provided them.
The BA flight leaves about the same time as the afternoon IB flight so both should be pretty quiet.
According to the Check-in agent I could choose between AA & LAN lounge. I opted for the LAN lounge. This was practically empty so I suppose most people flying club world (CW was full :-o) use the Centurion lounge. ( or AA'S lounge?)

I agree that I missed some natural light and views in the lounge.

Cannot say much about food and drinks. Only spent about an hour or so and it was a bit early to already taste the more interesting stuff (wine & spirits). Food options at that time (around 11-12am) were cheese, crackers, bread, fruit, soup, assortment of small sandwiches, chips, ice cream, yoghurt.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 6:39 am

Thank you for this informative thread.

My question has a bit more to do with EZE logistics, and whether I'll have any lounge access at all.

1) JFKEZE on AR, arriving 0430, connecting to EZEIGR on AR departing around 0800. Family of four, kids 11 & 15.

2) AR business class both legs.

3) One Delta Diamond member, no other status members.

4) Two US-issued Amex Business Platinum cardholders (separate accounts).

I've gotten mixed input as to whether the domestic segment operates from the same terminal as the lounges. Any input is welcomed on what I can expect at that hour.

All the best, Jamie
Old Oct 30, 2015, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Thank you for this informative thread.

My question has a bit more to do with EZE logistics, and whether I'll have any lounge access at all.

1) JFKEZE on AR, arriving 0430, connecting to EZEIGR on AR departing around 0800. Family of four, kids 11 & 15.

2) AR business class both legs.

3) One Delta Diamond member, no other status members.

4) Two US-issued Amex Business Platinum cardholders (separate accounts).

I've gotten mixed input as to whether the domestic segment operates from the same terminal as the lounges. Any input is welcomed on what I can expect at that hour.

All the best, Jamie
Thanks for posting here, Jamie! Unfortunately, there are no lounges in the domestic side of EZE. As far as I know, you'll have to leave the airport when you arrive and enter it again in the domestic section, since there are no airside connecting points.
For your way back, if you transit through EZE you'll have access to Aerolineas Argentinas Lounge and probably to the Amex Centurion Lounge.
Note: I say probably because they are, once again, updating their entry policy. No more Gold charge Cards will be allowed in (as of 01/05/2016, read May), and they didn't mention anything about business cards. Just ask them and please report back, so I can update this thread!
Many thanks!
Old Oct 30, 2015, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by tuchop
Thanks for posting here, Jamie! Unfortunately, there are no lounges in the domestic side of EZE. As far as I know, you'll have to leave the airport when you arrive and enter it again in the domestic section, since there are no airside connecting points.
For your way back, if you transit through EZE you'll have access to Aerolineas Argentinas Lounge and probably to the Amex Centurion Lounge.
Note: I say probably because they are, once again, updating their entry policy. No more Gold charge Cards will be allowed in (as of 01/05/2016, read May), and they didn't mention anything about business cards. Just ask them and please report back, so I can update this thread!
Many thanks!
My understanding is that EZEIGR has been leaving from gate 24 and 25 as of late. Is that not the international portion of Terminal C?

As for the US-issued Business Platinum charge card (not credit card), I've been assured (and it is heavily advertised) as affording entrance to Centurion lounges outside the U.S., though that doesn't guarantee EZE will see things in quite the same way.

Jamie

Last edited by jamienbaker; Oct 30, 2015 at 1:56 pm
Old Oct 30, 2015, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
My understanding is that EZEIGR has been leaving from gate 24 and 25 as of late. Is that not the international portion of Terminal C?

As for the US-issued Business Platinum charge card (not credit card), I've been assured (and it is heavily advertised) as affording entrance to Centurion lounges outside the U.S., though that doesn't guarantee EZE will see things in quite the same way.

Jamie
I'm not sure about C24. I know all domestic flights on EZE depart (or should) from the Domestic Terminal C, which is right after the International Terminal C but not accesible from one another.
And yes, you should get access with your Business Platinum and are free. If you have the chance to go to either the Centurion and the AR lounge, I'd choose the first without a doubt.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 12:34 am

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Wondering if someone can provide insight into which lounge has the best showers and food? Preferably more than one shower (don't want to wait too long -- I know Centurion lounges usually only have one which is crazy IMO)

I can so far choose between:
1. Centurion (using AMEX plat)
2. AA/IB (OWE/also flying AA J)
3. LAN Lounge
4. Star Alliance Lounge (from Priority Pass with Amex Plat).

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 5, 2016, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by supermintyfresh
Wondering if someone can provide insight into which lounge has the best showers and food? Preferably more than one shower (don't want to wait too long -- I know Centurion lounges usually only have one which is crazy IMO)

I can so far choose between:
1. Centurion (using AMEX plat)
2. AA/IB (OWE/also flying AA J)
3. LAN Lounge
4. Star Alliance Lounge (from Priority Pass with Amex Plat).

Thanks in advance!
What time of day will you be there? I'd say as far as food goes, 1, 3 and 4 are, overall, a toss-up, and 2 is inferior. As far as showers go, 2, 3 and 4 are all within less than a 1 minute walk of each other, so you can ask at each upon entry if there will be an available shower, and go to the next if there isn't (or a long wait).
Old Mar 5, 2016, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
What time of day will you be there? I'd say as far as food goes, 1, 3 and 4 are, overall, a toss-up, and 2 is inferior. As far as showers go, 2, 3 and 4 are all within less than a 1 minute walk of each other, so you can ask at each upon entry if there will be an available shower, and go to the next if there isn't (or a long wait).
Curious to hear your thoughts on why AA/IB lounge is inferior -- from what I've read a lot of people like how new it is and the food spread seems a little bit better (the rest seem only to have cold items) but I heard it can get crowded. I depart at 9 PM for EZE JFK on a Wednesday. So probably from 7 PM onwards?

At this point I'm leaning towards LAN lounge. I heard the Centurion lounge is dirty and not well kept like the US counterparts.

Good idea on the shower I will window shop a bit first I guess.

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 5, 2016, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by supermintyfresh
Curious to hear your thoughts on why AA/IB lounge is inferior -- from what I've read a lot of people like how new it is and the food spread seems a little bit better (the rest seem only to have cold items) but I heard it can get crowded. I depart at 9 PM for EZE JFK on a Wednesday. So probably from 7 PM onwards?

At this point I'm leaning towards LAN lounge. I heard the Centurion lounge is dirty and not well kept like the US counterparts.

Good idea on the shower I will window shop a bit first I guess.

Thanks in advance
The AA hot food is gross. Yes, it is warmed. I'd rather have cold "not gross" than warm gross. I've spit some of the stuff out into napkins. I like the AX lounge, but in the evenings, the buffet ends up being like sample counters at Costco. The staff can barely keep up. The *A lounge has a hot item or two at times. It depends what outbound flights they're catering for. You can expect mini hot dogs and rice.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 7:55 am

Any updated thoughts on how these lounges compare with shower facilities and food?

I have access to LAN, AA, and Star alliance lounge. Which one should I spend most of my time in before the flight. Even though I understand they are all apparently right by eachother.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 8:02 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
I like the LAN lounge better as it is bigger. The food is pretty much the same in all three. I haven't been to the Star Alliance lounge since they got rid of Priority Pass, but it used to be crowded as hell. Still, they are all three one next to the other so you can check them all and let us know your opinion
Old Mar 4, 2017, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Marambio
I like the LAN lounge better as it is bigger. The food is pretty much the same in all three. I haven't been to the Star Alliance lounge since they got rid of Priority Pass, but it used to be crowded as hell. Still, they are all three one next to the other so you can check them all and let us know your opinion
When did they get rid of priority pass? It is still listed on the website.

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/Loun...-International

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.