EZE Lounges as of 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EZE Lounges as of 2014

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2014, 12:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by tuchop
Gold cards are allowed, they just can't bring any (free) guests. And I guess the restriction to guests makes sense if there's a long line of people waiting to get in the Lounge.
Every time I've been to the Centurion Room, it was pretty full.. so I can imagine why they've been restricting the guests.

Immediate family guests apply to those under 16 and there's no restriction to as how many you can get in. I'm sure they'll keep the 1 guest for Plats, since by January 1st all access restrictions will be active and a lot less people will be using the Lounge.

Also, ndesq. I just got pointed out that the Star Alliance lounge is having long lines of people trying to get in. It makes sense, since the Amex lounge is closed now and the SA Lounge is the only one in EZE to take Priority Pass.
But it got me thinking, most banks offer PP in Argentina on their High End cards. Most of them used to go to the Amex lounge (Centurion Lounge accepted High End Amex Bank cards). Amex is restricting their access as of January '15, as I said. That means that maybe the Star Alliance Lounge will be very full with lots of Priority Pass guests next year, unless they do something.
What do you mean when you say that the AmEx lounge is now closed? It's new, on the mezzanine level of Terminal C next to the AR lounge.

Or are you referring to it's old location (in Terminal A, close to *A gates?) being closed?
Old Nov 5, 2014, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Originally Posted by fedechat
Wow, I din't know that with just one Amex CC you could access to the Amex Lounge. No wonder is always crowded (well, not anymore).
Well, its not just one Amex credit card (and now it's only for their charge cards). It's a Gold, Platinum and Centurion. Their annual fees are high, compared to other products out there (at least in Argentina). So not that many people have them. It used to be a lot easier before, with just any amex card (even those issued by banks). But it's changing, and the access is getting more restricted.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 9:57 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What do you mean when you say that the AmEx lounge is now closed? It's new, on the mezzanine level of Terminal C next to the AR lounge.

Or are you referring to it's old location (in Terminal A, close to *A gates?) being closed?
The new one is closed "November" for refurbishment. Not sure why they had to refurb so soon after opening, but it is what it is.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 10:35 am
Original Poster

We'll have to wait and see what will change. Maybe its just maintenance and they'll fix and change whatever's broken now for something else. Or Maybe they upgrade the product of the lounge, to make it closer to the ones in USA (specially the catering). It would make sense, since they'll be offering to less people now. But no one knows for sure.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Catering could be fixed without having to close the lounge for several weeks though. Hopefully the bathrooms will be improved, the ones there are not very upscale.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by upinsmoke
Catering could be fixed without having to close the lounge for several weeks though. Hopefully the bathrooms will be improved, the ones there are not very upscale.
Oh, totally. I meant to say that catering was one of the things that could be improved, but of course, amongst other things. I hope they make it a different product with better bathrooms, catering, seating, etc. 1 Month is a lot for a recently opened place, so I'm guessing there are a lot of things to be fixed and changed.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 1:56 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
Regarding access to AMEX lounge, OP says:

Argentine Gold and higher (note: Purchase card, not credit card) also have access.
I only have US issued Gold cards, am i out of lucky here?
Old Nov 6, 2014, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by allanfan
Regarding access to AMEX lounge, OP says:

I only have US issued Gold cards, am i out of lucky here?
Unfortunately, you are. The FAQ of the lounge (found-in spanish- here) states that with argentine-issued cards, gold and up (plat and cent) can access for free. And then it says that if your card was issued outside argentina, to enter for free you'll need a Platinum or Centurion card. I would go and try your luck anyways.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 11:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Unfortunately, you are. The FAQ of the lounge (found-in spanish- here) states that with argentine-issued cards, gold and up (plat and cent) can access for free. And then it says that if your card was issued outside argentina, to enter for free you'll need a Platinum or Centurion card. I would go and try your luck anyways.
If they follow the USA Centurion lounge model, anyone with some sort of AmEx card can get in for $50 if they don't have a card which gives free entry.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If they follow the USA Centurion lounge model, anyone with some sort of AmEx card can get in for $50 if they don't have a card which gives free entry.
Yes, that's correct. It's on both the main page of this thread and the FAQ I linked on the answer you quoted me on. 50 USD is the price to enter for 1 day, per person, if you have any Amex card that does not grant a free access. It's also the price for companions/guests who do not enter for free.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, that's correct. It's on both the main page of this thread and the FAQ I linked on the answer you quoted me on. 50 USD is the price to enter for 1 day, per person, if you have any Amex card that does not grant a free access. It's also the price for companions/guests who do not enter for free.
If I read the FAQ correctly, for Amex cards issued outside Argentina, admission is free if you have a Platinum or Centurion (charge) card but cost USD50 per person for all other Amex cards (charge or credit):
Originally Posted by Centurion Lounge FAQ
Q: Mi Tarjeta American Express fue emitida fuera de Argentina. ¿Puedo ingresar con ella? ¿Tiene algún costo?

A: Sí, todos los Socios American Express de todo el mundo que posean una tarjeta de crédito o de compra válida American Express pueden ingresar a THE CENTURION. Los Socios titulares y adicionales de The Platinum Card® y Centurion® pueden ingresar sin cargo. Todos aquellos Socios de American Express que no posean alguno de los productos mencionados anteriormente, podrán acceder al Salón abonando un costo por visita de USD 50.- por persona. El mismo será facturado en pesos al tipo de cambio vendedor de Banco Nación del día hábil anterior, y deberá ser abonado con la tarjeta en la recepción del Salón.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NickB
If I read the FAQ correctly, for Amex cards issued outside Argentina, admission is free if you have a Platinum or Centurion (charge) card but cost USD50 per person for all other Amex cards (charge or credit):
Yeah, that's what I posted on the previous answer.
Think about it this way:

For International AMEX cardholders:
.Free access if you have Platinum or Centurion charge cards.
.50USD if you have ANY other American Express -issued card.

For Argentine AMEX cardholders:
.Free access if you have Gold, Platinum or Centurion charge cards.
.Free access with some Amex bank cards (contact local banks)
.Free access with Gold Corporate card.
.50USD if you have ANY OTHER American Express -issued card.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 1:43 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Thanks for the update !!! ^
Old Nov 24, 2014, 10:54 am
Original Poster

EDIT (already changed in main thread):

Apparently LAN no longer accepts the $30 entry fee. I guess demand was very high, and they couldn't keep up with service and space. So it goes back to normal.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

EDIT: some minor updates and fixes. Amex lounge will stop allowing Argentine Bank credit cards as of Jan' 2015.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.