Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

New American Express Centurion Lounge at EZE

New American Express Centurion Lounge at EZE

Old Aug 1, 2016, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Guys, which one is better? The Centurion, LATAM, American Club or Star Alliance lounge?. I'm leaving tonight, I usually use the LATAM (like their wine selection), the Centurion is my first choice in USA, but I read they don't have hot stuff?.

Thank you in advance.

Fed
Old Aug 1, 2016, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by fedechat
Guys, which one is better? The Centurion, LATAM, American Club or Star Alliance lounge?. I'm leaving tonight, I usually use the LATAM (like their wine selection), the Centurion is my first choice in USA, but I read they don't have hot stuff?.

Thank you in advance.

Fed
(1) LATAM
(2) *A or Centurion
(3) AA

LATAM has best wine selection. Centurion has ok wine and decent bubbles. Food setup ends up crowded like a Costco sample table during peak hours. *A now has a decent wine selection. Their hot food (usually mini hot dogs kept hot in water) is not worth a stop. (If your access if via PP, overcrowding at times may be an admittance issue). AA - the "most hot food" and none of it is worth eating. The worst wine of the bunch, and the most seriously overcrowded (and all are too crowded in the evening).
Old Aug 2, 2016, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Thank you Eastbay1K, I didn't have a chance to check this post, but I ended up in LATAM lounge. Those tittle sandwichs (roast beef, chicken and ham/cheese) was ok as snacks, and as always, a glass (or two) of Rutini
Old Feb 24, 2017, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I have a flight out of EZE on AA. I can access either the AA Admiral's Club or the AMEX Centurion Lounge (but apparently only the part that AMEX Plats get into). It appears that the AMEX lounge is in a different terminal from where the AA flights leave, but it also sounds like those terminals are connected. I'm assuming the AA lounge location is relatively convenient to the AA flights (but maybe not SO convenient). It also sounds like the AMEX lounge (even the lowly Plat part) is better than the AA lounge. So, given all this, is it worth "the trouble" to use the AMEX lounge, or should I just stick with the AA lounge?
Old Feb 25, 2017, 5:01 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
All terminals at EZE are connected airside. Nevermind your check in terminal, once airside both the AA and the Amex lounges are in terminal B (AA shares with Iberia, you'll see both logos at the door), so going from one to the other is a matter of just a few meters.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Marambio
All terminals at EZE are connected airside. Nevermind your check in terminal, once airside both the AA and the Amex lounges are in terminal B (AA shares with Iberia, you'll see both logos at the door), so going from one to the other is a matter of just a few meters.
Oh, so what I think I read is not correct. If these two lounges are very near each other, I guess I can sample both if I want to.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 5:41 am

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
The lounges are not very well signposted.
You have to go up in the elevator or stairs to the level above the terminal.
The American lounge shared with BA and Iberia is located opposite to the LATAM lounge and the Star Alliance lounge is down a passageway.
The Centurion Lounge is about 40/50 yards away up , again access is by stairs/elevator.

Last edited by malagajohn; Feb 26, 2017 at 6:37 am
Old Feb 27, 2017, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by malagajohn
The American lounge shared with BA and Iberia is located opposite to the LATAM lounge and the Star Alliance lounge is down a passageway.
The Centurion Lounge is about 40/50 yards away up , again access is by stairs/elevator.
Thanks! I've saved your directions.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 8:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by malagajohn
That's not how I remember EZE, although note that the AR (SkyTeam) lounge was apparently moved and improved a couple years ago. The AmEx lounge was also relocated. Now the AmEx lounge is on the mezzanine level above a bunch of SkyTeam gates. If you take the closest elevator, you get off in an open lobby with the AR/SkyTeam lounge on one side and the new AmEx lounge on the other side. This would be terminal C, the new part of the airport, although everything's connected airside so it's really one terminal with separate A/B/C check in areas.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This would be terminal C, the new part of the airport, although everything's connected airside so it's really one terminal with separate A/B/C check in areas.
There is no B check in area. There are A and C check in areas. "B" is the gate area where the new lounges are placed.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 9:31 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
There is no B check in area. There are A and C check in areas. "B" is the gate area where the new lounges are placed.
I guess I'm showing that I always fly out on DL, although I had the impression (from sharing rides to the airport with others who are departing on different carriers) that there were two other areas in addition to the AR/DL/SkyTeam area which I'm assuming is called C (which is what I remember).
Old Feb 28, 2017, 9:05 am

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Just flew ex. EZE last night, I had to spend 6 hours landside, it's one giant terminal, A,B,C are all the same building, all the gates enter in exactly the same area. A starts down towards the McDonalds landside and goes down from there. As far as I could tell, you could either check in at A or C, no B check-ins. Lounge access for *A and LATAM are at gate 8/9 and then Amex/AR at gate 15/16ish. AR lounge wasn't anything to write home about, couldn't get into Amex lounge as I left my plat. card at home, and the LATAM lounge was decent, warm soup, finger sandwiches, decent wines. Didn't get to check the *A lounge out as was flying ex. Qatar.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I went to the AMEX lounge and was a bit disappointed. It LOOKED like the Centurion lounges in the USA, and the seating was plentiful and reasonably comfortable, but the food and beverage options were far inferior. No staffed bar, and only a few cold cuts and rolls to eat. It looked like they might sometimes have ice cream, but there was none in the case. I heard somebody ask for it, but it never appeared.

I was going to also check out the Admiral's Club, but I didn't make it there (had I been hungry or thirsty, I would have mustered the energy to see if I could do better). I doubt it would have been materially worse, since the BA AMEX lounge was about comparable to USA Admiral's Clubs.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx
I went to the AMEX lounge and was a bit disappointed. It LOOKED like the Centurion lounges in the USA, and the seating was plentiful and reasonably comfortable, but the food and beverage options were far inferior. No staffed bar, and only a few cold cuts and rolls to eat. It looked like they might sometimes have ice cream, but there was none in the case. I heard somebody ask for it, but it never appeared.

I was going to also check out the Admiral's Club, but I didn't make it there (had I been hungry or thirsty, I would have mustered the energy to see if I could do better). I doubt it would have been materially worse, since the BA AMEX lounge was about comparable to USA Admiral's Clubs.
From what I've heard you have to qualify for the VIP section to experience the best this lounge has to offer. My past experiences of the old AMEX lounge were pretty woeful so it doesn't look as if it's changed much.

The IB/AA joint venture lounge is miles better as is the LAN lounge.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HIDDY
The IB/AA joint venture lounge is miles better as is the LAN lounge.
I wish I had known that before, but I'll certainly try the AA lounge the next time.

This is counter-intuitive for Americans because, in the USA, you would never go to an Admiral's Club lounge (even though they've been slightly improving of late) if you had access to a Centurion Lounge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.