Search

New American Express Centurion Lounge at EZE

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2015, 5:58 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
@:-)
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Any idea as to why?

Your location in your Flyertalk profile would match mine if I completed it fully. ^
Not to sure but I imagine they are looking to increase revenues. It will work both ways as Mrs Malagajohn fully intends to return her card when she cant get a free visit to the lounge.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 6:00 pm

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Originally Posted by malagajohn
The Centurion has been less crowded following the withdrawal of lounge priveliges for Arg Gold Card holders.
The change in the access policy for the Gold (charge) Cards will be as of 1/5/2016 (read: May 1st), so in terms of crowd it should be the same.

Lounge priveliges are also to be withdrawn early next year for Arg Platinum holders.
Where did you read that? I hardly doubt they'll do that, since they are trying to "match" the USA Centurion Lounges access policy (Platinum and Centurion for free).
Old Nov 30, 2015, 6:04 pm

Sorry . I must correct my post above. Free visits for Amex Platinum Credit cardholders were suspended last year. From May 1st 2016 , Gold charge card holders lose their priveliges. Not sure what happens with Platinum charge card.

The entrance fee is US$50 per person.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 6:14 pm

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
I just hope they start offering a better product once they stop allowing Gold Charge Cards for free. Maybe they upgrade the food and add some hot stuff like in the USA lounges.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador
Does anyone know what's their business hours? Have an early flight at 5 am.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by whitywhitytw
Does anyone know what's their business hours? Have an early flight at 5 am.
Open Daily 5:00 am to Midnight.

http://www.thecenturionlounge.com.ar...recuentes.html
Old Jul 29, 2016, 4:11 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
The latest I know is that Platinum Charge Cards (issued by Amex, not Bank issued) cards) are still eligible for this benefit.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
The latest I know is that Platinum Charge Cards (issued by Amex, not Bank issued) cards) are still eligible for this benefit.
Mrs Glasgowjohn visited the lounge last month with her Amex issued Platinum charge card . She was able totake in a guest for $50 - given the price of food and drink at EZE , thats is not a bad deal....
Old Jul 31, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Mrs Glasgowjohn visited the lounge last month with her Amex issued Platinum charge card . She was able totake in a guest for $50 - given the price of food and drink at EZE , thats is not a bad deal....
Wow! My US AMEX issued Platinumn Card permits 2 Guests Free of Charge:

http://thecenturionlounge.com/info/access

Perhaps your Wife is due a refund?

Thanks and Safe Travels..
Old Jul 31, 2016, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Wow! My US AMEX issued Platinumn Card permits 2 Guests Free of Charge:

http://thecenturionlounge.com/info/access

Perhaps your Wife is due a refund?

Thanks and Safe Travels..
Let me check with the boss...
Old Jul 31, 2016, 12:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Was it a regular unaffiliated Platinum charge card, versus a credit card issued by a bank or affiliated with an airline or hotel program?
Old Jul 31, 2016, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Yeah I had no problems or charges with guests in other south and central American Centurion clubs.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 2:31 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I understand that Plat Charge Cards are allowed the 2 guests as mentioned above. Enforcement of rules varies from lounge to lounge, with some allowing more flexibility than others. Ive been able to get away with two Kids counting as one Adult guest.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
I understand that Plat Charge Cards are allowed the 2 guests as mentioned above. Enforcement of rules varies from lounge to lounge, with some allowing more flexibility than others. Ive been able to get away with two Kids counting as one Adult guest.
No limit on children under 18. I checked in at SFO and a Mom, Dad and 3 klds all entered free of charge (I know this as the Dad thought the 3rd child was an issue) the representative said if you had "more of your own kids bring them on by" Rules in the link above seem to stick whereever I have traveled. One thing AMEX does well is consistency .. So the stated rules :

"Centurion® Members and Platinum Card® Members who receive complimentary access may enter with either up to two guests or immediate family (spouse or domestic partner, and children under 18) at no additional charge. Guest or family access is per Card Member, not per Card. Family and guests may not enter or remain in the lounge unless accompanied in the lounge by the Card Member."

Last edited by Flying Machine; Jul 31, 2016 at 3:15 pm
Old Jul 31, 2016, 3:14 pm

Sorry guys . My mistake .

She went to the lounge in April with her Gold charge card , paying for one guest at $50.

When she got back from her trip she called AMEX to cancel her Gold Card and they gave her a deal for Platinum , which she used earlier this month with one guest , which was free of charge.

I really should pay more attention when the boss is speaking to me....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.