Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Neuquén

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2014, 6:44 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Panam Clipper
Neuquen is a palindrome
^
Old Feb 27, 2014, 6:47 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by carride
Neuquén Province has many amazing outdoor locations. The entire Andes range to the west is several national and provincial parks which link to create a single 700km park before arriving to the south at Bariloche in the Rio Negro province. Highlights include, the town of San Martin de Los Andes and the Lanín volcano

The capital city is a small growing city, and the downtown center is nice to walk around. Some cultural opportunities, including the National Bella arts museum
Cine Teatro Español

Very good restaurant which changes the menu every 3 days: Casa Tinta
Great summary and very valuable info !!! Thanks for sharing.... ^
Old Feb 28, 2014, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Thanks very much for the tips! I appreciate the ideas.

One additional question - anyone know of a decent, reasonably priced, 3-ish star hotel downtown? For some reason I'm only pulling up a handful of hotels on the major international booking sites. Despegar.com shows more, but they seem to be going through issues with Cristina's amigos, aren't they? I'm nervous about booking with them in case they get shut down and the reservation turns to dust...

I've made a reservation for now at the Austral, but it's refundable so if I can find a better idea I can easily cancel.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by M60_to_LGA
Thanks very much for the tips! I appreciate the ideas.

One additional question - anyone know of a decent, reasonably priced, 3-ish star hotel downtown? For some reason I'm only pulling up a handful of hotels on the major international booking sites. Despegar.com shows more, but they seem to be going through issues with Cristina's amigos, aren't they? I'm nervous about booking with them in case they get shut down and the reservation turns to dust...

I've made a reservation for now at the Austral, but it's refundable so if I can find a better idea I can easily cancel.
If you do find a hotel on Despegar, I think you can also search to directly book using that hotels web site.

It is difficult to find hotels or other housing. The price for quality places can be higher than Mendoza or Buenos Aires because there is less inventory. I have mostly rented nice (and not so nice) tourist apartments by the night/week/month. PM me if you would like a suggestion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.