Reload this Page >

VERY IMPORTANT - Reciprocity Fee to enter Argentina

Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: danola
USA, Canada AND AUSTRALIAN PASSPORT HOLDERS NO LONGER NEED TO PAY

News for Canadians travellers!

https://paxnews.com/news/other/argen...fee/newsletter

Early this morning, the Argentine government officially suspended the reciprocity fee for Canadians, effective Jan. 1, 2018.
Argentina ends reciprocity fee for Americans, Australians and Canadians
Argentina has announced (25 Aug 2016) full and permanent $160 reciprocity fee waiver for U. S. passport holders effective 25 Sep 2016.

NOTE: Some report in this interim period between ninety days of waiver and permanent waiver they are not being charged $160 on arrival at EZE already - but your airline might still request evidence you have met the expiring requirements listed below if you are a U.S. passport holder.

Refer them to IATA TIMATIC, in accord with:

Originally Posted by David Beach
Just announced:

RECIPROCITY FEE SUSPENSION for us passport holders REMAINS IN FORCE
indefinitely UNTIL DEROGATION DECREE IS ISSUED

"The Migrations National Agency confirmed today that the suspension of the collection of reciprocity fees from US citizens, established by Disposition DNM No. 589/2016 as of March 24 2016 for a period of 90 days or until a Presidential Decree promoted by the said Agency is issued for its derogation, will remain in force.

The reciprocity fee still applies to Australian and Canadian passport holders.
June 22, 2016
http://www.embassyofargentina.us/en/...-citizens.html
Argentine passport holders will at some future time be allowed to apply for U. S. Global Entry.

Visitors carrying other nations' passports (passport holders from the United Kingdom and Canada must still pay their reciprocity fee) still have to meet the conditions established by Argentina.

To determine what you need to enter Argentina, please use IATA TIMATIC - the tool used by the airlines to determine if you will board - here. (C/o United Airlines.)

Argentine Reciprocity Fee for passport holders of certain nationalities

If you hold a passport of one of the following nations and intend using it for entry to Argentina:

- USA
- Canada
- [strike]Australia [strike]

You must pay for the Reciprocity Fee before you enter Argentina. This fee is valid for 10 Years from the date of payment (the amount of time may vary for Canada and Australia). Please note that failure to have this fee [hl]prepaid[/] and if your airline allows you to board (they are unlikely to because they can be fined and required to transport you out of Argentina on their next departing fee at their cost) you will be deported forthwith.

N.B. If your current Reciprocity Fee stamp is in an expired passport because you have had a new passport issued, you may present your expired passport as proof of payment if you do not have a fee receipt to tender.

Reciprocity Fee

If you are a US, Australian or Canadian citizen, you will need to pay a reciprocity fee before you enter Argentina. This fee may vary depending on your nationality.
Reciprocity Fee (payment and receipt)

The Argentine National Immigration Directorate(DNM) has launched a new online method of payment to enable payment of the reciprocity fee via credit card. Travellers can now pay this fee through the Provincia Pagos payment system.
US, Australian and Canadian citizens can pay the reciprocity fee before entering Argentina by accessing the following websites: www.provinciapagos.com.ar and www.migraciones.gov.ar.

How can I pay the Reciprocity Fee Online?

1.Register at www.provinciapagos.com.ar and obtain an entry code.
2.Complete the form including personal and credit card details . This information and the entry code will be sent electronically to the DNM.
3.After payment is processed, print the receipt.
4.Upon arrival in Argentina, go to the DNM Office and present the printed receipt.
5.The receipt will be scanned by DNM staff and the data will be validated to enable entry to Argentina.

https://reciprocidad.provincianet.co...oFunciona.aspx
Reciprocity fee for US citizens

U.S. citizens who visit the Argentine Republic as tourists or on business must pay a reciprocity fee of U$S160. This reciprocity fee does not represent a charge for a visa since Argentina does not require US citizens to have visas when traveling as tourists or on business. The Argentine Government sets this fee in reciprocity to what Argentines pay for a visa application to enter the United States of America.

Argentine nationals traveling with a US, Canadian or Australian passport are EXEMPT from paying the reciprocity fee. Please travel with additional proof of Argentine nationality (DNI, old passport, birth certificate, etc.)

Method of Payment

Payment must be made before entering the Argentine Republic, online at: http://www.migraciones.gov.ar and go to: Pay your reciprocity fee

Payment can be made with the following credit cards only: Visa, American Express, Mastercard.

The voucher received must be printed and submitted to the immigration authorities. The period of validity of such proof will begin from the date on which the payment was made.

As of January 7, 2013, the reciprocity fee has been extended to all border crossings of Argentina: maritime, fluvial (riverine), terrestrial and aerial.
Until June 30, 2013, passengers on cruises entering the country are exempt from paying the reciprocity fee.(sic)

U.S. citizens who previously paid the fee and its validity period has not expired, they do not need to pay it again and need to show the stamp on the passport. If you have a new passport, you will need to bring the previous passport with the stamp that proves the fee payment. For further information or questions, please contact our office at 404-880-0805 x 101, Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

http://catla.cancilleria.gov.ar/cont...e-reciprocidad
For more information, please see the following links:

http://embassyofargentina.us/embassy...ction/news.htm

http://argentina.travisa.com/

http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesi...r_novedad=1632

Transit passengers: If you are arriving at EZE or international aerial port of entry internationally and departing on another international flight within less than 12 hours, you are eligible to remain airside and connect without paying a reciprocity fee; read the wiki in: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/argen...-intl-eze.html

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Updated 27 Aug 2016 by JDiver
Print Wikipost

VERY IMPORTANT - Reciprocity Fee to enter Argentina

Old May 17, 2013, 7:08 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Exclamation VERY IMPORTANT - Reciprocity Fee to enter Argentina

If you hold a Passport of one of the following Nations:

- USA
- Canada
- Australia

You must pay a Reciprocity Fee before you enter Argentina. This fee is valid for 10 Years from the date of payment (for US Passports). Please note that failure to have this Fee prepaid, and if you are "lucky" enough to have your airline allow you to board your flight, you will be deported.

For more information, please see the following links:

http://embassyofargentina.us/embassy...ction/news.htm

http://argentina.travisa.com/

http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesi...r_novedad=1632

Last edited by Gaucho100K; May 17, 2013 at 7:41 pm
Old May 17, 2013, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
If you hold a Passport of one of the following Nations:

- USA
- Canada
- Australia

You must pay a Reciprocity Fee before you enter Argentina. This fee is valid for 10 Years from the date of payment. Please note that failure to have this Fee prepaid, and if you are "lucky" enough to have your airline allow you to board your flight, you will be deported.
1 out of 3 - not bad

Australia

The Reciprocity Fee for Australian citizens is a multiple entry fee, valid for 1 year, year beginning on the date the payment is made

Canada

In accordance to Decree 1654/08 the Government established a Reciprocity Fee to Canadian nationals, who holding ordinary passports to enter Argentina for tourism purposes.

In accordance to Disposition "DNM" 2379/2010, the amount of the reciprocity fee is 75.00 U.S. dollars for one entry and 150 U.S. dollars for multiple entries valid for 5 years.

The payment of the reciprocity fee by the Canadian nationals for a single entry to Argentina of 75 U.S. dollars will allowed them to visit any of our neighboring countries (Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Paraguay and Uruguay) and re-entry to Argentina, without having to pay the reciprocity fee again, during the period of authorized stay in Argentina of 90 days.
Old May 17, 2013, 7:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
This seems to be the web page to start the payment process. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

https://virtual.provinciapagos.com.ar/ArgentineTaxes/

Getting to this page was confusing on the government website. Surprising?
Old May 17, 2013, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
This seems to be the web page to start the payment process. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

https://virtual.provinciapagos.com.ar/ArgentineTaxes/

Getting to this page was confusing on the government website. Surprising?
Also note that use of anything other than Internet Explorer may end up with an error somewhere along the process.

Last edited by Gaucho100K; May 18, 2013 at 7:23 pm Reason: IE = Internet Explorer
Old May 20, 2013, 9:38 am

So I paid the fee but it's in my old passport - bring the old one with me = sufficient?
Old May 20, 2013, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
So I paid the fee but it's in my old passport - bring the old one with me = sufficient?
Yes
Old May 24, 2013, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Does someone have confirmation on transiting through EZE, staying airside, and not paying the Fee...? I wonder if you will be allowed to board without the fee just because you can prove you are in transit...? I havent read the fine print on this.

Thanks.
Old May 24, 2013, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does someone have confirmation on transiting through EZE, staying airside, and not paying the Fee...? I wonder if you will be allowed to board without the fee just because you can prove you are in transit...? I havent read the fine print on this.

Thanks.
No first hand confirmation, but I'd expect that there is no fine print, and that you will be able to board.

(My last trip, which contained GRU transit and EZE final destination consisted of the SFO check-in agent verifying that I was onward to EZE and didn't need a Brazil visa, and then asking for my Argentina payment proof.)

The big caveats here are
(1) Interline baggage issues are in flux and if baggage claim/recheck is necessary, the only way one can get his baggage and re-check it @ EZE is to pass through immigration.
(2) Who knows what will happen in the case of IRROPS if you need to leave the airport.
Old May 24, 2013, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Very good point about IRROPS... ^
Old May 31, 2013, 9:17 pm

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
Gotta love Flyertalk- I just came here to ask the same question!
Old Jun 1, 2013, 8:44 pm

Programs: AS 75K, AA EXP, Hilton Gold
I am a citizen of the US and travel with a US passport. However, I am also a legal RESIDENT of Uruguay and have my cedula. Can I enter Argentina from the US with my passport and cedula, without paying the reciprocity fee?
Old Jun 2, 2013, 4:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by bkkth
I am a citizen of the US and travel with a US passport. However, I am also a legal RESIDENT of Uruguay and have my cedula. Can I enter Argentina from the US with my passport and cedula, without paying the reciprocity fee?
I assume the fee would still be due as you'll still be a US citizen entering Argentina on a US passport. Legal residency in Uruguay isn't really relevant in this situation. If you were entering Argentina directly from Uruguay you could just use your cedula and avoid the fee that way
Old Jun 2, 2013, 2:54 pm

From the first year that the reciprocity fee was in place, it was certainly collected on arrival from Brazil, from a friend of mine who holds a US Passport and Brazilian residency (together with whatever the appropriate card from Brazil is).

He was a little surprised, since he had the impression that his document from Brazil would have been sufficient by itself to travel between Mercosur countries. The problem might have been that his US passport was already used to leave Brazil, or his Brazilian document might have shown a birthplace that made them decide the fee applied. Either way, probably no way around it, but at least it's a once in ten years problem.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bkkth
I don't think so.... but Im not sure. Please do come back and tell us how things go if you try to get through EZE with your Resident papers. Thanks.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:51 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
I don't think so.... but Im not sure. Please do come back and tell us how things go if you try to get through EZE with your Resident papers. Thanks.
I don't think so either. Non-citizen residents of Argentina can't (except when it's overlooked ...) use their DNIs for local boarder crossings - specifically their DNIs are marked as being for foreigners, so their passport is required.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.