Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: danola
USA, Canada AND AUSTRALIAN PASSPORT HOLDERS NO LONGER NEED TO PAY

News for Canadians travellers!

https://paxnews.com/news/other/argen...fee/newsletter

Early this morning, the Argentine government officially suspended the reciprocity fee for Canadians, effective Jan. 1, 2018.
Argentina ends reciprocity fee for Americans, Australians and Canadians
Argentina has announced (25 Aug 2016) full and permanent $160 reciprocity fee waiver for U. S. passport holders effective 25 Sep 2016.

NOTE: Some report in this interim period between ninety days of waiver and permanent waiver they are not being charged $160 on arrival at EZE already - but your airline might still request evidence you have met the expiring requirements listed below if you are a U.S. passport holder.

Refer them to IATA TIMATIC, in accord with:

Originally Posted by David Beach
Just announced:

RECIPROCITY FEE SUSPENSION for us passport holders REMAINS IN FORCE
indefinitely UNTIL DEROGATION DECREE IS ISSUED

"The Migrations National Agency confirmed today that the suspension of the collection of reciprocity fees from US citizens, established by Disposition DNM No. 589/2016 as of March 24 2016 for a period of 90 days or until a Presidential Decree promoted by the said Agency is issued for its derogation, will remain in force.

The reciprocity fee still applies to Australian and Canadian passport holders.
June 22, 2016”
http://www.embassyofargentina.us/en/...-citizens.html
Argentine passport holders will at some future time be allowed to apply for U. S. Global Entry.

Visitors carrying other nations' passports (passport holders from the United Kingdom and Canada must still pay their reciprocity fee) still have to meet the conditions established by Argentina.

To determine what you need to enter Argentina, please use IATA TIMATIC - the tool used by the airlines to determine if you will board - here. (C/o United Airlines.)

Argentine Reciprocity Fee for passport holders of certain nationalities

If you hold a passport of one of the following nations and intend using it for entry to Argentina:

- USA
- Canada
- [strike]Australia [strike]

You must pay for the Reciprocity Fee before you enter Argentina. This fee is valid for 10 Years from the date of payment (the amount of time may vary for Canada and Australia). Please note that failure to have this fee [hl]prepaid[/] and if your airline allows you to board (they are unlikely to because they can be fined and required to transport you out of Argentina on their next departing fee at their cost) you will be deported forthwith.

N.B. If your current Reciprocity Fee stamp is in an expired passport because you have had a new passport issued, you may present your expired passport as proof of payment if you do not have a fee receipt to tender.

Reciprocity Fee

If you are a US, Australian or Canadian citizen, you will need to pay a reciprocity fee before you enter Argentina. This fee may vary depending on your nationality.
Reciprocity Fee (payment and receipt)

The Argentine National Immigration Directorate(DNM) has launched a new online method of payment to enable payment of the reciprocity fee via credit card. Travellers can now pay this fee through the Provincia Pagos payment system.
US, Australian and Canadian citizens can pay the reciprocity fee before entering Argentina by accessing the following websites: www.provinciapagos.com.ar and www.migraciones.gov.ar.

How can I pay the Reciprocity Fee Online?

1.Register at www.provinciapagos.com.ar and obtain an entry code.
2.Complete the form including personal and credit card details . This information and the entry code will be sent electronically to the DNM.
3.After payment is processed, print the receipt.
4.Upon arrival in Argentina, go to the DNM Office and present the printed receipt.
5.The receipt will be scanned by DNM staff and the data will be validated to enable entry to Argentina.

https://reciprocidad.provincianet.co...oFunciona.aspx
Reciprocity fee for US citizens

U.S. citizens who visit the Argentine Republic as tourists or on business must pay a reciprocity fee of U$S160. This reciprocity fee does not represent a charge for a visa since Argentina does not require US citizens to have visas when traveling as tourists or on business. The Argentine Government sets this fee in reciprocity to what Argentines pay for a visa application to enter the United States of America.

Argentine nationals traveling with a US, Canadian or Australian passport are EXEMPT from paying the reciprocity fee. Please travel with additional proof of Argentine nationality (DNI, old passport, birth certificate, etc.)

Method of Payment

Payment must be made before entering the Argentine Republic, online at: http://www.migraciones.gov.ar and go to: Pay your reciprocity fee

Payment can be made with the following credit cards only: Visa, American Express, Mastercard.

The voucher received must be printed and submitted to the immigration authorities. The period of validity of such proof will begin from the date on which the payment was made.

As of January 7, 2013, the reciprocity fee has been extended to all border crossings of Argentina: maritime, fluvial (riverine), terrestrial and aerial.
Until June 30, 2013, passengers on cruises entering the country are exempt from paying the reciprocity fee.(sic)

U.S. citizens who previously paid the fee and its validity period has not expired, they do not need to pay it again and need to show the stamp on the passport. If you have a new passport, you will need to bring the previous passport with the stamp that proves the fee payment. For further information or questions, please contact our office at 404-880-0805 x 101, Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

http://catla.cancilleria.gov.ar/cont...e-reciprocidad
For more information, please see the following links:

http://embassyofargentina.us/embassy...ction/news.htm

http://argentina.travisa.com/

http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesi...r_novedad=1632

Transit passengers: If you are arriving at EZE or international aerial port of entry internationally and departing on another international flight within less than 12 hours, you are eligible to remain airside and connect without paying a reciprocity fee; read the wiki in: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/argen...-intl-eze.html

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Updated 27 Aug 2016 by JDiver
Print Wikipost

VERY IMPORTANT - Reciprocity Fee to enter Argentina

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2016, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Great News! And perhaps Argentina will set up the groundwork for US GE Holders to use the expedited lane at Departure Immigration at EZE (never noticed one on arrival, is there one?) that would be nice reciprocity.. Safe Travels
What "expedited lane?" There's the crew/diplomat/pregnant line, but no other special lane that I'm aware of.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
What "expedited lane?" There's the crew/diplomat/pregnant line, but no other special lane that I'm aware of.
That's the lane I am speaking about. Always staffed and I don't really notice any using it, accept the occasional Passanger. What do you think? Logistically they could make something like that work (thinking some sort of Fast Channel)..
Old Aug 27, 2016, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
That's the lane I am speaking about. Always staffed and I don't really notice any using it, accept the occasional Passanger. What do you think? Logistically they could make something like that work (thinking some sort of Fast Channel)..
(1) Never going to happen, and (2) I've seen quite a number of passengers in the line from time to time.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 8:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Great News! And perhaps Argentina will set up the groundwork for US GE Holders to use the expedited lane at Departure Immigration at EZE (never noticed one on arrival, is there one?) that would be nice reciprocity.. Safe Travels
My wife flashed her Spanish Consul ID and was allowed to take us through that lane but she was told by the very nice lady it was only a one off favour. You need to be crew or higher up the VIP chain to use it. We knew that but thought we'd chance our luck. The normal lanes were empty anyway so we didn't actually get through any quicker.

What is a US GE holder? Are they important?
Old Aug 28, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by HIDDY
My wife flashed her Spanish Consul ID and was allowed to take us through that lane but she was told by the very nice lady it was only a one off favour. You need to be crew or higher up the VIP chain to use it. We knew that but thought we'd chance our luck. The normal lanes were empty anyway so we didn't actually get through any quicker.

What is a US GE holder? Are they important?
From a previous post:

5) Groundwork is being laid so at some undetermined future date Argentine passport holders will be able to apply for U. S. Global Entry for expedited U. S. Customs and Border Protection / ICE into thd United States.

Link to GE

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...s/global-entry
Old Aug 28, 2016, 12:41 pm

From a previous post:

5) Groundwork is being laid so at some undetermined future date Argentine passport holders will be able to apply for U. S. Global Entry for expedited U. S. Customs and Border Protection / ICE into thd United States.

Link to GE

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...s/global-entry
Yes but from what I see that's got nothing to do with what happens when you're departing from EZE.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Yes but from what I see that's got nothing to do with what happens when you're departing from EZE.
I agree, I simply stated in my OP that it would be nice for Argentina to set up a similar Program in the future, as other Countries provide some type of reciprocal programs for US Passport Holders once their Nationals have access to the US Global Entry System ie: fast lane in their Country. Anyway, its sometime away and perhaps I'm going off topic and don't want to take away from the theme of this thread..I'm happy to see the Reciprocity Fee will be suspended permanently.. Thanks and Safe Travels
Old Aug 28, 2016, 3:51 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The US VWP is but a carrot and a stick used by the US to get foreign countries to do as the US wants while facilitating money-making opportunities for US parties and otherwise satisfying home market constituencies.

The US visa refusal rate in Argentina has been dropping substantially, but it won't be allowed into the US VWP unless and until Argentina does all that the US wants Argentina to do in terms of information/surveillance sharing/control demands when it comes to domestic, regional and international passenger flows, Argentine passport "security", guns in passenger cabins on flights between Argentina and the US, and other such linked items.

By this time next year, the possibility of re-inclusion into the US VWP will come down to how much the Argentine government wants to do for the US.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/check...gree-fams.html

And by this time next year, I am betting that the reciprocity fee charged to Americans will be facing its mortality, even if it takes it into 2017, or have been terminated.
Argentina getting into GE? Not unless Argentina makes a bit more progress in meeting more of the prerequisites for US VWP participation.

Two birds, one stone.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
On Friday afternoon August 26th I entered Argentina from Brazil at a land crossing. My old passport with the reciprocity fee sticker wasn't required, even though I offered it.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 8:32 pm

Reciprocity fee termination for US Citizens made permanent
But still in effect for Canadians and Aussies.
http://www.argentinaindependent.com/...on-procedures/

Last edited by Gaucho100K; Sep 19, 2016 at 10:53 am Reason: clarity
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
NOTE: The Wikipost at the top of the page has been updated.

Regarding point 5. During the meeting of Presidents Trump and Macri today it was announced the Global Entry (GE) eligibility for Argentine Citizens will commence in May. Now only of "my" entry wait times at EZE will be shortened for US GE holders I would be very greatful. Any news would be appreciated. Thanks and Safe Travels
Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:37 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Regarding GE for Argentina, here is a mention to this matter from an official White House Source....

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...mauricio-macri
Old May 2, 2017, 7:58 pm

CBP Official Memo

Here is the offical CBP Memo:

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/national-media-release/cbp-announces-expansion-global-entry-citizens-argentina
Old May 3, 2017, 9:59 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Is there a dedicated Global Entry thread somewhere on FlyerTalk..??????

Im considering applying for this but dont know how the entire customs declaration thing works when you have Global Entry.

Thanks.
Old May 3, 2017, 10:54 am

There is a GE Thread, I will search for it later and post the link. The Declaration is the same as paper..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.