Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:14 am

Thanks

Last edited by clipclop; Apr 27, 2016 at 4:29 am
Old Aug 28, 2015, 4:36 pm

report back please
Old Aug 29, 2015, 5:05 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Very interesting wording on the part of your TA. Seems like the applicability wording was there, but the TA has "decided" that is does not apply to you. Also, its not a citizenship issue, its a residency issue. I sure hope your TA is down here with you when (and if) your fare gets questioned..... I have to wonder if the gate agent will have the same interpretation. That would be an interesting conversation to listen in on......

Safe Travels.

Originally Posted by clipclop
Thank you!

I decided to call my travel agent so that they good investigate this. They looked at the fare rules, and after a lot of waiting on hold, they said that the applicability part (i.e., Argentine-citizen rate) didn't actually apply and that I would have no problems boarding at the airport.

By the way, the same cheap fare can be booked (in US dollars, non-resident fare) on LAN's website now. They show a "15% discount" line item when breaking down the fare.

Now I can relax.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 5:50 am

Thanks

Last edited by clipclop; Apr 27, 2016 at 4:24 am
Old Aug 29, 2015, 6:23 am

Thanks

Last edited by clipclop; Apr 27, 2016 at 4:24 am
Old Aug 29, 2015, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by David Beach
report back please
Amen !!!!
Old Sep 2, 2015, 6:47 am

Thanks

Last edited by clipclop; Apr 27, 2016 at 4:29 am
Old Sep 3, 2015, 7:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
If you bought it with an OTA and you paid in u$s, then you don't have to worry about it.

Now if you buy it as a resident fare, you can still take advantage of the price and the blue rate, but OLCI (online check-in) will be required and no luggage should be checked.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 9:40 am

Packaged tour

If I (a US tourist) book a packaged tour including flights (e.g. Buenos Aires and Iguazu Falls) with a Buenos Aires TA face to face, will the fares be resident or non-resident?
Old Sep 9, 2015, 11:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by getmethere
If I (a US tourist) book a packaged tour including flights (e.g. Buenos Aires and Iguazu Falls) with a Buenos Aires TA face to face, will the fares be resident or non-resident?
I doubt it'll be a resident fare as being a foreigner you'll have to pay for the package in US dollars.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 10:03 pm

I would like to get the Argentinian fare if possible.
Here is my situation: I have Paraguayan nationality and I live in ASU, and I would like to fly from FMA to AEP/EZE with AR. The fare difference between an Argentinian fare and an international one is around 100 USD.
To get the Argentinian fare, should I try booking it via a TA?. Otherwise, I just don't have to check any baggage..?
I have noted that Google Flights currently redirects Argentinian flights to the Arg. version of Aerolineas with prices in pesos, and tourists not knowing about this issue would have no warning whatsoever when buying them.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 7:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by travel_hacker
I have noted that Google Flights currently redirects Argentinian flights to the Arg. version of Aerolineas with prices in pesos, and tourists not knowing about this issue would have no warning whatsoever when buying them.
If you book through the AR site and no mention of the ticket being a resident fare appears then in all likelihood it won't be a resident fare. Just double check as you go through the booking process before you purchase......assuming it'll allow you to complete the booking if you're using a foreign card.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY
If you book through the AR site and no mention of the ticket being a resident fare appears then in all likelihood it won't be a resident fare. Just double check as you go through the booking process before you purchase......assuming it'll allow you to complete the booking if you're using a foreign card.
I'm almost sure it is still the resident fare, https://www.google.com/flights/
By trying directly the Arg. site or Google Flights, they quote the same price in pesos.
I could try completing a transaction.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 1:24 am
Original Poster

Yes, but just remember that if you get caught, be prepared to face the music.

Safe travels.

Originally Posted by travel_hacker
I'm almost sure it is still the resident fare, https://www.google.com/flights/
By trying directly the Arg. site or Google Flights, they quote the same price in pesos.
I could try completing a transaction.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:09 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Quick question as I want to confirm what I think the answer is.
If I am flying from IGR to AEP on a one way and have no baggage to check and do on line check in I should be OK with purchasing a resident rate fare?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.