2 dinners in Buenos Aires

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2 dinners in Buenos Aires

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2013, 6:56 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by izzik
I was able to secure a last minute spot at Casa Saltshaker this past Saturday. It was an excellent experience, great food, great company, and highly recommended. $65 US or AR$335 for 5 courses *and* wine pairings.
Thanks for the review !! ^
Old Jun 9, 2013, 3:04 pm

Programs: Centurion, Delta PM, Hilton Diamond, US Plat Pref, AA Gold, Hertz Plat, Avis Presidents Club
Was there few weeks ago. La brigada in san telmo was incredible for lunch. Cabana la lilas was excellent as well
Old Jun 9, 2013, 6:26 pm

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by jpginmiami
Was there few weeks ago. La brigada in san telmo was incredible for lunch. Cabana la lilas was excellent as well
Thanks.... if you have some time and care to elaborate a little, it would be greatly appreciated. I post this because both La Brigada and Cabana Las Lilas have been delisted from my go-to-places because both have become overpriced tourist traps, and especially La Brigada has not been up to par with Beef quality the last two times I was there (clients took me).

If you could share some more detail(s) about both meals this would be very helpful for other visitors to make up their mind and decide what they want to do.

Thanks very much !!! ^
Old Jun 10, 2013, 8:14 am

La Brigada

I was planning on going to La Brigada on Sunday, and it sounds like their standards have gone down. Where else would you reccomend for a steak?
Old Jun 10, 2013, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by clemsontiger
I was planning on going to La Brigada on Sunday, and it sounds like their standards have gone down. Where else would you reccomend for a steak?
If you want a high-end place for Dead Cow... here is my current short-list:

a) Las Nazarenas
b) La Cabania
c) The Grill at the Plaza (Marriott Plaza)
Old Jun 11, 2013, 8:21 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
My short list (very short):

Chez Gaucho100K. Lo mejor puerta cerrada! Muy, muy exclusiva. Un parrillero extraordinario. Matched wines. Desert to die for. ^^
Old Jun 11, 2013, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by SoFlyOn
My short list (very short):

Chez Gaucho100K. Lo mejor puerta cerrada! Muy, muy exclusiva. Un parrillero extraordinario. Matched wines. Desert to die for. ^^

Thanks for omitting the sometimes loud children and related noises....
Old Jun 11, 2013, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K

Thanks for omitting the sometimes loud children and related noises....
You forgot to mention the bowling tournament!
Old Jun 11, 2013, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by clemsontiger
If you have time, I'd recommend El Baqueano in San Telmo (corner of Chile/Bolivar). Molecular meets Argentine meats and fish you might otherwise never taste. Tasting menu and optional matched wines (or order off the wine list). It's a small restaurant with exceptional service and a nice ambiance. They speak English. Reservations necessary - closed Sunday/Monday.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19984853-post615.html

http://www.restoelbaqueano.com/menu.html
Old Oct 10, 2013, 10:01 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by SoFlyOn
If you have time, I'd recommend El Baqueano in San Telmo (corner of Chile/Bolivar). Molecular meets Argentine meats and fish you might otherwise never taste. Tasting menu and optional matched wines (or order off the wine list). It's a small restaurant with exceptional service and a nice ambiance. They speak English. Reservations necessary - closed Sunday/Monday.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19984853-post615.html

http://www.restoelbaqueano.com/menu.html
Thank you for pointing this restaurant out. I am in Buenos Aires for a couple of days and was looking for a place to go for dinner and came across this recommendation today. I went tonight and enjoyed a lovely dinner. I made reservations less than an hour before I went and had no problem getting a table but agree reservations would be a good idea as it is not a big place. They seem to genuinely want to please. The only thing to be aware is that the menu listed on the website may not be exactly the menu you get at the restaurant. I had the regular menu and two of the optional items and thought the meal was excellent.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by Flyer girl
Thank you for pointing this restaurant out. I am in Buenos Aires for a couple of days and was looking for a place to go for dinner and came across this recommendation today. I went tonight and enjoyed a lovely dinner. I made reservations less than an hour before I went and had no problem getting a table but agree reservations would be a good idea as it is not a big place. They seem to genuinely want to please. The only thing to be aware is that the menu listed on the website may not be exactly the menu you get at the restaurant. I had the regular menu and two of the optional items and thought the meal was excellent.
Great review, thanks for sharing !!!

^
Old Oct 11, 2013, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Flyer girl
The only thing to be aware is that the menu listed on the website may not be exactly the menu you get at the restaurant. I had the regular menu and two of the optional items and thought the meal was excellent.
Well, you never do know when the Pacu will be swimming down the river, nor when the Yacaré won't snap the hand off of the cazador when foraging for your dinner at El Baqueano.

Thanks for your report. This is my favo(u)rite restaurant in town, and has been for the past couple of years.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 6:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Well, you never do know when the Pacu will be swimming down the river, nor when the Yacaré won't snap the hand off of the cazador when foraging for your dinner at El Baqueano.

Thanks for your report. This is my favo(u)rite restaurant in town, and has been for the past couple of years.
It's also in your neighborhood, right?
Old Oct 12, 2013, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It's also in your neighborhood, right?
Correct
Old Oct 26, 2013, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
If you want a high-end place for Dead Cow... here is my current short-list:

a) Las Nazarenas
b) La Cabania
c) The Grill at the Plaza (Marriott Plaza)
Heading down in less than 2 months. Any changes to the above list for dead cow?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.