FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Argentina (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/argentina-622/)
-   -   LAN/TAM Merger (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/argentina/1376276-lan-tam-merger.html)

mikedsel Aug 11, 2012 3:04 pm

LAN/TAM Merger

I'm interested in any information on whether LAN is or will be accepting TAM flights into South America in order to qualify for the lower South America Air Pass fees. I have talked to LAN twice about this. First time I was told they were in the process of trying to figure out how to coordinate them. Second time I was told TAM flights did not qualify. Maybe the second answer is what they decided, but I don't feel confident in the information from the call center.

Gaucho100K Aug 11, 2012 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by mikedsel (Post 19102572)
I'm interested in any information on whether LAN is or will be accepting TAM flights into South America in order to qualify for the lower South America Air Pass fees. I have talked to LAN twice about this. First time I was told they were in the process of trying to figure out how to coordinate them. Second time I was told TAM flights did not qualify. Maybe the second answer is what they decided, but I don't feel confident in the information from the call center.

I thought that TAM always got you miles on the LAN program, and the last I had heard was that TAM flights had been updated to award status miles... hope this hasnt changed.

Anybody else have the details on this...??

mikedsel Aug 11, 2012 3:52 pm

Thanks, but, rather than credit for miles, I'm trying to figure out if a TAM international flight into Buenos Aires qualifies as a LAN flight in order to qualify for LAN's South America Pass.

HIDDY Aug 11, 2012 8:34 pm

According to the terms and conditions (click bottom right hand corner of the box) you qualify if arriving on a LATAM Airlines Groups Subsidiaries operated flight which includes amongst others TAM.

mikedsel Aug 12, 2012 8:09 am

Thank you, Hiddy. I appreciate your help and apologize for not having found that myself.

HIDDY Aug 12, 2012 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by mikedsel (Post 19105380)
Thank you, Hiddy. I appreciate your help and apologize for not having found that myself.

Not at all.

LAN and TAM do seem to be merging slowly and quietly without giving out too much information to the public. I wish they'd hurry up and announce their intentions regarding being in the Oneworld alliance.

Gaucho100K Aug 12, 2012 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 19106749)
LAN and TAM do seem to be merging slowly and quietly without giving out too much information to the public. I wish they'd hurry up and announce their intentions regarding being in the Oneworld alliance.

Amen !!!