Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Which Side of the Plane to Sit On??

Old May 1, 2012, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Which side should we sit on for UA flight from Houston to Buenos Aires? Do we fly down the coast and might see the Andes or do we fly over land? Just wondering if one side is better than the other for seeing anything?
Thanks.
Old May 1, 2012, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
As this is not a trip report I shall move it on to the Argentina forum. Please follow the discussion over there.

Moomba
Moderator: Trip Reports
Old May 1, 2012, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Not going to look the IAH-EZE route up but the scenery coming in from MEX is very nice as the flight flies over the Pacific and enters South America in northern Chile and flies over the Andes. The AM flight does leave MEX late and lands in EZE around noon. Most flights from the U.S., you will find, land early in the morning and you probably won't see much.
Old May 1, 2012, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
The UA flight is scheduled to arrive at 9:15 am at this time of year. Sunrise today was at 7:30 am. The last part of the flight will be over the pampas, so little to see. The window shades will also be down to avoid the glare from the rising sun.
Old May 1, 2012, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by SoFlyOn
The window shades will also be down to avoid the glare from the rising sun.
That sounds so much nicer than "glare from the shmutz in the air."
Old May 1, 2012, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I have right side of the plane OCD. I have been to BA over 40 times. I fly down this weekend in 2A on an AA777. Left side.

I did it on purpose to see what there is to see.

On the right side you don't have as much glare from the sun, but people trying to sleep around you will not like you very much if you open the shade. I usually don't open the shade until they start doing breakfast wake ups 45 mins out. Like a previous poster mentioned lots of pampas, you can pick out a few small towns. When you get closer to EZE you can see the villas.

I fly down at night on AA in J or F.
Flying out of AEP has much better scenery.

When you fly MIA to EZE you fly right over Cuba at night and can see the island lights.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.