Wiki Posts
Search

Accommodation for 2 in BA??/duration of stay

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2012, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Accommodation for 2 in BA??/duration of stay

Hi
I would be grateful if somebody can recommend any accommodation for two people for about 7-10 days in Buenos Aires.
I found this but was not sure how good it is etc
http://www.buenosairesstay.com/

Second question, is 10 days too long for BA and maybe a short trip to Chile is worth a visit (enjoy visit new countries)?

Appreciate any useful info
Old Apr 6, 2012, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
10 days is quite a bit of time just in the city itself. A short trip to Uruguay is usually the easiest (i.e., ferry) side trip. A couple nights in Santiago can also be nice - there are some dirt cheap fares from time to time (which can be a lot less than flying within Argentina).

I have no particular recommendations regarding places to stay. There are various neighbo(u)rhoods, each with its up and down sides. However, feel free to read my signature line.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 7:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Great as it is ten days in Buenos Aires is far too long.

It's hard to give you some alternative places to go without knowing what you like to do and see when you're on holiday.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 4:40 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies.

While in BA I was considering to take a week long language course which is why I would like to spend a few days in the city.
Otherwise besides visiting main historic sites my partner enjoys seeing interesting architecture.
Cheers
Old Apr 7, 2012, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by Polomarc
Thanks for the replies.

While in BA I was considering to take a week long language course which is why I would like to spend a few days in the city.
Otherwise besides visiting main historic sites my partner enjoys seeing interesting architecture.
Cheers
Ah that's different then...you'll both find a side trip to Colonia and Montevideo interesting. Easy to get to as well.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 9:07 am

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
Just be advised that at this moment BA is not particularly affordable and be aware that street crime is on the rise.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by phlashba
Just be advised that at this moment BA is not particularly affordable and be aware that street crime is on the rise.
Affordable.....That depends on the individuals budget.
Street crime on the rise.....Tourist crime or crime amongst the locals?
Old Apr 8, 2012, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Affordable.....That depends on the individuals budget.
Street crime on the rise.....Tourist crime or crime amongst the locals?
Both. Typical traveling "street smarts" is usually enough, however. Apartment rental v. hotels is currently the biggest area of savings/making the trip economical.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Both. Typical traveling "street smarts" is usually enough, however. .
Apart from the unfortunate Frenchman incident what type of tourist crime has been rising?
Old Apr 8, 2012, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Apart from the unfortunate Frenchman incident what type of tourist crime has been rising?
Oh, the usual pickpocketing, drugged horny men leaving gentlemen clubs, the mustard or the vomit trick (anything to distract you and then "people trying to help"). Also keep away from packs of youth that may be congregated on one side of the street (on a low traffic street), etc.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 7:47 am

Oh, the usual pickpocketing, drugged horny men leaving gentlemen clubs, the mustard or the vomit trick (anything to distract you and then "people trying to help"). Also keep away from packs of youth that may be congregated on one side of the street (on a low traffic street), etc.
Where did you hear about it being on the increase?

Sorry for sounding sceptical but I haven't read or heard anything in the local media about tourist crime being on the rise. Warnings regarding the above crimes are always included in tourist guide books (usually US based) and in my opinion are totally exaggerated.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Where did you hear about it being on the increase?

Sorry for sounding sceptical but I haven't read or heard anything in the local media about tourist crime being on the rise. Warnings regarding the above crimes are always included in tourist guide books (usually US based) and in my opinion are totally exaggerated.
If I wasn't down there myself a few times a year, and didn't know people that were attempted (and sometimes actual) victims of events, I might be skeptical, too.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 3:56 pm

If I wasn't down there myself a few times a year, and didn't know people that were attempted (and sometimes actual) victims of events, I might be skeptical, too.
Drugged horny men are not your average tourist......

I would still say BA is pretty safe compared to quite a few European cities.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 11:53 pm

Programs: LANPASS, Aerolineas PLUS
10 days, it depends on what are you expecting to do. There's always something to do, morning, afternoon, and specially at night. If you want just the typical places (La Boca/San Telmo, Tango, Soccer match, etc) a week should be enough. Now if you pretend to have some spanish skill then of course 10 days ain't enough.

you looking for hotel or apt? I live in Buenos Airess and have a personal friend who specializes in temporary rents in the Palermo Soho area (along Recoleta the best place to stay imho). The website is www.sohorent.com.ar and about to make it go live this weekend. At the moment just has facebook/skype contact.
Also know a Spanish/English teacher, mother of a friend, who focus on conversational skills.
If you are interested for any more data of them PM me.
Salutes!
Old May 5, 2012, 1:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gauchoec
10 days, it depends on what are you expecting to do. There's always something to do, morning, afternoon, and specially at night. If you want just the typical places (La Boca/San Telmo, Tango, Soccer match, etc) a week should be enough. Now if you pretend to have some spanish skill then of course 10 days ain't enough.

you looking for hotel or apt? I live in Buenos Airess and have a personal friend who specializes in temporary rents in the Palermo Soho area (along Recoleta the best place to stay imho). The website is www.sohorent.com.ar and about to make it go live this weekend. At the moment just has facebook/skype contact.
Also know a Spanish/English teacher, mother of a friend, who focus on conversational skills.
If you are interested for any more data of them PM me.
Salutes!

Thanks again for info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.