Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > South America > Argentina
Sign in using an external account

Old Nov 17, 11, 3:55 pm   #1

Critique/ offer advice for our ARG trip? Much appreciated!

Thoughts about our hotels (especially in El Calafate), suggestions on activities, restaurants, tips, secrets, magic spells, etc... especially outside of Buenos Aires (and super especially in Iguazu and El Calafate).

I cannot say how much I appreciate any feedback. But I will try: a lot. Taking my fiancÚ who deserves a big trip!

This is laying out weird, but we are going Dec 16 - Jan 1

Date Day Airline Hotel

16 Fri Overnight to BA CO
17 Sat To Iguazu LAN Sheraton
18 Sun Iguazu
19 Mon Iguazu
20 Tue To Calafate LAN/AA Los Alamos
21 Wed Calafate
22 Thu Calafate
23 Fri To BsAs AA Aspen Square
24 Sat BsAs
25 Sun BsAs
26 Mon To Mendoza LAN Park Hyatt
27 Tue Mendoza
28 Wed Mendoza
29 Thu To BsAs LAN
30 Fri BsAs Aspen Square
31 Sat BsAs
1 Sun To NYC PM CO
bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 11, 7:30 pm   #2

i just spent three nights, two full days in el calafate

first day i did the mini trekking, second day bus ride from el calafate to el chaten (three hours) and did a wonderful hike there (bus leaves at 8AM comes arrives back at 930PM). i'd only recommend el chaten if the weather is good...
Jesperss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 11, 5:36 am   #3

Programs: Hyatt, SPG, Hilton, Choice, WN, AA, BA, UA, HA, Avis
If you want to spend a half day horseback riding in Buenos Aires, I can HIGHLY recommend http://www.caballos-alapar.com/ Caballos A La Par

My wife and I did this just the other day, and Adrian (owner) was simply an outstanding guide and instructor. I've only been on a horse 3-4 times, my wife is a bit more advanced, but Adrian got me walking, trotting and even short galloping during our tour through one of the national parks where his ranch is located. (its about 35 minutes outside of buenos aires, and they provide transportation to and from).

Absolutely beautiful scenery in the park, you go through forest areas and cleared pastures, we had a great time and I highly recommend it whether you're an advanced rider or never been on a horse before. And he treats his horses like family, they are so well behaved and maintained its unbelievable.

Adrian speaks good english as does his assistant Miriam who is from Holland I believe and was our driver to/from the ranch (but she also comes out on some tours).

Let me also add that if you want to do this activity you should book in advance as much as possible as he fills up quickly... while we were there he got a number of calls for people trying to do same or next day reservations and had to decline them all.

Last edited by rajuabju; Nov 19, 11 at 5:43 am.
rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 11, 5:39 am   #4
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Hyatt Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold, DL Silver, Carlson Silver, Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold
Arg?

Edited at moderators request.

Last edited by Jaimito Cartero; Nov 20, 11 at 4:59 pm.
Jaimito Cartero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 11, 2:50 pm   #5

Good stuff, thank you. More is welcome)
bomb is offline   Reply With Quote