Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Help with EZE - AEP transfer...

Old Nov 8, 2011, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Loooong time/first time!

I know there is a lot of info on this in here, but my situation is so tight I wanted to ask about my specific date and times.

I really appreciate the help.

We land EZE on the CO flight at 10:20am on December 17, a Saturday.

We were originally on a 4:15pm LAN flight to Iguazu Falls, but they just changed it on us and now we are on a 1:25pm out of AEP.

The magic question, of course, is whether we will make that flight out of AEP, having to collect our checked luggage, go through customs, get over there, check-in and check luggage, etc.

Thanks again in advance.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 6:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It's not going to be a stroll in the park but is dooable as long as your flight arrives at EZE on time.
Clearing immigration, baggage reclaim then customs can be a bit of a lottery depending on what flights arrive before yours. I've seen it take from under half an hour to over an hour.
Taxi to AEP might take another hour so you could arrive at AEP one hour before departure all going well.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Checking on LAN.com the day before (if you can).
Old Nov 9, 2011, 9:25 am

Programs: AA since 1998, 1.96 M miles
3 hours should be plenty of time on a Saturday. Earlier this year I had 60 minutes from deplaning at EZE to scheduled departure at AEP on a Sunday afternoon. I made it a couple minutes before they closed the door. Don't dawdle at EZE, get through immigration and customs as quickly as possible and reserve a remis at one of the booths just past the customs hall. Tell the driver that you're in a hurry but that you want to arrive in one piece
Old Nov 9, 2011, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by KurtD
Earlier this year I had 60 minutes from deplaning at EZE to scheduled departure at AEP on a Sunday afternoon. I made it a couple minutes before they closed the door.
WOW....that deserves to be included in the Guinness book of World Records. I would never have thought such a feat was possible to be honest. That does make a 3 hour connection seem a stroll in the park.

Most times at EZE I've still been in the car park one hour after the aircraft arrived at the gate.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY
WOW....that deserves to be included in the Guinness book of World Records. I would never have thought such a feat was possible to be honest. That does make a 3 hour connection seem a stroll in the park.

Most times at EZE I've still been in the car park one hour after the aircraft arrived at the gate.
Thats indeed a world record !!! Well done !

3 hours should give you enought time specially on a saturday if your flight gets on time at EZE.

As you exit customs there about 5 or 6 booths ofering transfers services into town or the Aeroparque. In my 20 or so visits to BAires Ive always used Manuel Tienda Leon and found them quite good. Theyll be on your left side as you exit customs. http://www.tiendaleon.com.ar/prehome.asp
Old Nov 13, 2011, 1:17 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
3 hours should be plenty of time on a Saturday. Earlier this year I had 60 minutes from deplaning at EZE to scheduled departure at AEP on a Sunday afternoon. I made it a couple minutes before they closed the door. Don't dawdle at EZE, get through immigration and customs as quickly as possible and reserve a remis at one of the booths just past the customs hall. Tell the driver that you're in a hurry but that you want to arrive in one piece
What car service did you use.....?
Old Nov 17, 2011, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pvdecastro
Thats indeed a world record !!! Well done !

3 hours should give you enought time specially on a saturday if your flight gets on time at EZE.

As you exit customs there about 5 or 6 booths ofering transfers services into town or the Aeroparque. In my 20 or so visits to BAires Ive always used Manuel Tienda Leon and found them quite good. Theyll be on your left side as you exit customs. http://www.tiendaleon.com.ar/prehome.asp
Thank you everyone. Big help.

Manuel Tienda Leon is a bus service I see?
Old Nov 18, 2011, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

That's incredible.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by bomb
That's incredible.
Indeed.....I'm still in shock.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by bomb
Thank you everyone. Big help.

Manuel Tienda Leon is a bus service I see?
They run buses but I was refering to the private car service from EZE to Aeroparque. It should cost you around $40 to $50 (US).
Old Nov 22, 2011, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. Car it is.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 5:48 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
For those looking for a luxury/premium car service... dont forget the best place in town for that is Silver Star Car..... ^ @:-)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.