Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

12 Hours in EZE, can I make a proper stint into town?

Old Feb 28, 2014, 4:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

I land 7AM and have 7PM flight. Is this enough time to get into town and enjoy it a bit? Also would like to do it cheaply (buses not taxis etc)

I have the option of a shorter connection as well so need to decide.

thanks for input!
Old Feb 28, 2014, 6:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes you have plenty of time.
You can travel into the city cheaply by public bus but I wouldn't recommend it as it not only takes ages but goes through areas you don't really want to waste time seeing.
Best if you take the Tienda Leon coach to Puerto Madero. It's a nice modern part of the city and a good starting point to pick up a city tour bus or have a walk.

You'll need to leave plenty of time to get back to EZE as the traffic can be unpredictable around your departure time. I would head back no later than 4pm.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 7:47 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
You didn't mention if your 7am arrival is international, whether you need to collect luggage and clear customs, or if you are through checking... if arriving internationally and having the misfortune to be there at the same time as the US/European arrivals, you could count on anywhere from 60-120 mins from landing to being out of the terminal. Still, worth it if only to have a steak lunch at La Brigada.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 8:59 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Plenty of time to go into town.

Not sure I would go to La Brigada, though.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 8:59 am

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
(duplicate)

Last edited by Gaucho100K; Mar 1, 2014 at 5:15 am Reason: dup post
Old Feb 28, 2014, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Plenty of time to go into town.

Not sure I would go to La Brigada, though.
What he said, twice
Old Feb 28, 2014, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Another question to the forum. My trip is USA-EZE-USA (basically a mile run side trip of a business trip). I will be doing it on AA.

Now that I know that a day trip is doable I am trying to close that but the other option is landing 0750 and taking off 0940. Is this enough time for a turnaround? (this is an all AA ticket so I assume I am protected. It would not necessarily be the same plane though if the inbound is late).

Again, I hope to close the day trip option and revert back to here for best ideas (not la brigada I guess )
Old Mar 1, 2014, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Flight booked arriving 8AM flying out 10pm. Plenty of time
Old Mar 1, 2014, 5:16 am

Drop La Brigada, and instead go to Le Grill...... ^
Old Mar 1, 2014, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Drop La Brigada, and instead go to Le Grill...... ^
That is also more convenient if you take the MTL bus. You can have a late AM walk around the Recoleta, go to Puerto Madero for lunch (make sure you check their hours), then walk by the Casa Rosada then down through San Telmo, and then (from there, you'll best take a taxi back to EZE) go back to the airport. Don't leave any later than 4pm.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
That is also more convenient if you take the MTL bus. You can have a late AM walk around the Recoleta, go to Puerto Madero for lunch (make sure you check their hours), then walk by the Casa Rosada then down through San Telmo, and then (from there, you'll best take a taxi back to EZE) go back to the airport. Don't leave any later than 4pm.
Really thanks for the plan!

4pm? flight has moved up to 10PM, what is recommendation now? (I thrive on risk so cutting it close is fine with me, the norm actually)
Old Mar 1, 2014, 3:29 pm

Or if you want to go it in style, you can also hire a private car by the hour and do the entire "tour" with a chauffeur at your disposal.... ^
Old Mar 1, 2014, 3:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Duplicate
Old Mar 1, 2014, 3:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
OP, not sure which passport you use, so be aware of the reciprocity fees for some nationalities.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 2:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
OP, not sure which passport you use, so be aware of the reciprocity fees for some nationalities.
Thanks for heads up I am ok on that front.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.