Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Copa America 2011 - inagural match this evening

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2011, 4:05 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Hiddy.... Doode, dont you get HDTV out there in the goonies.....????

Old Jul 7, 2011, 6:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Perhaps Costa Rica will kick Bolivia nicely today and make sure Argentina does not make it to the second round....
That's looking likely. Two goals up and Bolivia down to 9 men. Quite an exciting game for a change.

Hiddy.... Doode, dont you get HDTV out there in the goonies.....????
Yes we do but our telly is an antique.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Well... Costa Rica won their game so things are more complicated for Argentina. Of course, if they beat Costa Rica they still have a decent chance of continuing into the next round.... but, with this team of "muertos" anything can happen....
Old Jul 8, 2011, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Yes we do but our telly is an antique.
excuses excuses.....
Old Jul 8, 2011, 9:28 pm

I enjoyed the Peru-Mexico game tonight....very entertaining and the best team won. ^
Old Jul 8, 2011, 10:28 pm

I enjoyed the Peru-Mexico game tonight....very entertaining and the best team won. ^
I felt a little sorry for Gio (Dos Santos) trying to create opportunities for his abysmal teammates (though this is what, the 3rd string team?) Well done to Peru though, they have a good shot at the quarters!
Old Jul 11, 2011, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Mexico did come with their C team..... shame, they could have done better with their A squad.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 6:37 am

Mexico did come with their C team.....
How come?

I was thinking about the poor form of Argentina.....did the Europe based players arrive with enough time to get rid of the effects of the time difference? Considering the games have been played at 21.45 which is 01.45 Europe time this might have had an effect on their performance.Just a thought....
Old Jul 11, 2011, 7:33 am

Mexico did come with their C team..... shame, they could have done better with their A squad.
How come?
Their A team had just finished winning the CONCACAF Gold Cup on June 25th, which is the qualification for the 2013 Confederations Cup. They managed to do this with 5 players suspended. They gave their A team a rest and sent their B team to play a warmup in Quito, and had a further 8 players suspended for inviting ladies to their team hotel. I think Dos Santos is still on the squad because he's only 22 and he has family in Brazil to visit.

Mexico also beat Uruguay yesterday in the U-17 World Cup Final. They could be a team to watch in the years ahead.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 7:46 am

I wonder how much the tickets are going for. Has anybody gone to a game?
Old Jul 11, 2011, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by EricTheNerd
They gave their A team a rest and sent their B team to play a warmup in Quito, and had a further 8 players suspended for inviting ladies to their team hotel.
My goodness they are strict.

Scotland players used to prepare for important International games by visiting nightclubs and having all night boozing sessions.They played better back in those days than they do now.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Darned puritans... I say let the boys fornicate if they can play better the next day. Team Skipper Hiddy says it works so who is to be contrarian on this....?
Old Jul 11, 2011, 8:12 pm

Darned puritans... I say let the boys fornicate if they can play better the next day. Team Skipper Hiddy says it works so who is to be contrarian on this....?
So they must have organized an orgy last night.

Finally! This is more like it. Not even the clumsy officiating seems to be spoiling this game.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by Panam Clipper
Finally! This is more like it. Not even the clumsy officiating seems to be spoiling this game.
Indeed...a very satisfying performance. They easily outclassed the Costa Ricans. ^

I wasn't impressed with the referee either.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Folks Folks..... I dont want to be contrarian for the sake of it, but please lets not get carried away.

These bunch of punks beat the Costa Rica C Team... made up of sub-22 players. For the love of Christ, the poor dude having to defend against Messi makes US$400 a month pocket money while playing at some Houston College on a NCAA Soccer Scholarship..... pleeezzzeeee, lets get serious.

This game yesterday means nothing. Zilcho. La Seleccion still has the same old structural problems which remain unsolved. Don Corleone gave the bozo Batista the Coaching Job for which he is clearly underqualified.... and yesterdays rival was a sorry joke. If Argentina is going to use Costa Rica C as a yardstick then we are gravely mistaken.

I hope Im dead wrong... but it will take a couple of miracles to have this pathetic band of fat ducks to continue much longer in this tournament. I doubt they have the nerves to come back from a game where they are behind.... so unless they can play all the rest of the games and manage to score first, their flimsy nerves will get the best of them and we will be toast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.