Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Japanese Fusion Cuisine in EZE

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2011, 9:54 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Oh good....bit of a cheek to call it the Gaucho version is it not? If anything it should be the HIDDY version.
Yes, you are right, I stand corrected...

Perhaps I will call it the Original Hiddy Recipe (improved by Gaucho)... ^
Old Jan 4, 2011, 10:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Yes, you are right, I stand corrected...

Perhaps I will call it the Original Hiddy Recipe (improved by Gaucho)... ^
Improved?

It couldn't be improved....what have you done to it? Spill the beans.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 4:23 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
We tried Sipan for lunch the other day, and while the ceviche was excellent, the service was a bit indifferent, and the atmosphere surprisingly noisy. Perhaps because it was lunchtime? Considering the high prices, I was expecting better.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, US Air, UR, Hilton, PC
Originally Posted by ULDB65
We tried Sipan for lunch the other day, and while the ceviche was excellent, the service was a bit indifferent, and the atmosphere surprisingly noisy. Perhaps because it was lunchtime? Considering the high prices, I was expecting better.
I went to Sipan for dinner this week and was very, very disappointed. I did not find anything to really stand out and thought it was way over-priced. The sushi was pretty miserable too.

I also went to Paru last week, and luckily that was a hundred times better. Everything there was amazing - ceviche, tiradito, sushi and lamb chops. I'd highly recommend them.

Last edited by mccomb; Mar 29, 2011 at 8:57 am
Old Jan 16, 2011, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by ULDB65
The place is indeed noisy and the ambiance is also not too good... their location is just not very trendy. All this will change soon as their new flagship location will be in Palermo, I have high expectations for their upcoming grand opening.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 4:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mccomb
I went to Sipan for dinner this week and was very, very disappointed. I did not find anything to really stand out and thought it was way over-priced. The sushi was pretty miserable too.

I also went to Park last week, and luckily that was a hundred times better. Everything there was amazing - ceviche, tiradito, sushi and lamb chops. I'd highly recommend them.
Wow... I consider myself a pain in the rear with Asian fare and Ive never had an experience like you describe.... would you care to elaborate? Ive never had the 'straight' sushi dishes as I always go with their traditional dishes. Again, I would love to know details of what you saw as their shortcomings.

Also, if you could please post details of this Park place that you mention, I would like to go there soon and try them out. Thanks.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Anybody else been to Sipan recently....??
Old Mar 29, 2011, 8:59 am

Programs: AA, Delta, US Air, UR, Hilton, PC
Anybody else been to Sipan recently....??
I know they just opened their Palermo branch, but I have not been yet.

Also, the other restaurant I mentioned was "Paru" not "Park." Sorry about that... Great food.

I also had my best meal ever in Buenos Aires on Saturday night at a new puerta cerrada, Casa Mun. Amazing sushi, dim sum and BBQ pork. http://www.casamun.com
Old Mar 29, 2011, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mccomb
I also had my best meal ever in Buenos Aires on Saturday night at a new puerta cerrada, Casa Mun. Amazing sushi, dim sum and BBQ pork. http://www.casamun.com
Thanks for this tip... had not heard of this place, will check it out and make reservations asap.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Any further recommendation of M? Someone else suggested it, but without detail, etc.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

M Buenos Aires...??? Have you not been there....?
Old Mar 29, 2011, 12:30 pm

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Any further recommendation of M? Someone else suggested it, but without detail, etc.
Have a reservation there in about 2 weeks - will let you know if your trip is later than this :-)
Old Mar 30, 2011, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Molinari
Have a reservation there in about 2 weeks - will let you know if your trip is later than this :-)
Look forward to your review.... ^

On the subject of Casa Mun... where are they located..? In Palermo..? Puerto Madero...? Barrio Norte...?

Ive contacted 'Chef Mun' by email.... but to be honest with you he is being a little too mysterious as to where they are located and how I know about them, I dont understand what he is afraid of.... ????
Old Mar 30, 2011, 10:30 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
On the subject of Casa Mun... where are they located..? In Palermo..? Puerto Madero...? Barrio Norte...?
Villa Crespo.
http://pickupthefork.com/2011/03/12/...town-casa-mun/
Old Mar 30, 2011, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SoFlyOn
Uugggg......

Thanks for the information.... you been there..???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.