Argentina Census, Wednesday October 27, 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Argentina Census, Wednesday October 27, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2010, 1:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

After my latest carry on at EZE when trying to leave this country it might be best if I hide on Wednesday or they might deport me.
Over two years after I first applied and I'm still waiting for my DNI.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 1:53 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
On the intercontinental flights, I am either redeeming miles or in paid discounted J. If I was flying in Clase Basura, I'd investigate Lanpass or another OW program.
Of course... you would not be caught dead in Cattle Class. I think Im missing the IBanking world... a million Pardons, I forgot I was talking to a RMF...

I will, of course, be flying up in Clase Basura... will post a trip report so that you can keep updated on what we cabezas have to endure...
Old Oct 24, 2010, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
I will, of course, be flying up in Clase Basura... will post a trip report so that you can keep updated on what we cabezas have to endure...
Including the wines offered onboard
Old Oct 24, 2010, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Of course... you would not be caught dead in Cattle Class. I think Im missing the IBanking world... a million Pardons, I forgot I was talking to a RMF...

I am reminded of that book, what was it called, Un Argentino Humilde?

My vuelos nacionales in Chile are in the one and only class the country has. Meanwhile, back on topic, what to buy for lunch on Wednesday when I get there Tuesday. I may have to learn how to turn my oven on I always seem to heat things up in the toaster/oven. I will, however, be armed to cook. I am importing what will possibly be the most valuable thing in my place - a 200 sq' roll of Reynolds Aluminum Foil. That, and peppercorns.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 6:56 pm

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Ah yes... Reynolds Aluminim Foil... the 1st item on my US shopping list.... ^
Old Oct 24, 2010, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Priorities, priorites @:-)
http://www.lego.com/en-us/Default.aspx
Old Oct 24, 2010, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I am reminded of that book, what was it called, Un Argentino Humilde?
Is that the one that only has blank pages in it?
Old Oct 25, 2010, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by SoFlyOn
Priorities, priorites @:-)
http://www.lego.com/en-us/Default.aspx
Yes of course... I stand corrected. Actually, Juan Francisco's list I already know by heart.... he has been drilling it to me for the past 2 weeks in such a way that at this point I can recite it backwards in Sanskrit... no need to write that down in no list... ^
Old Oct 25, 2010, 5:37 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Is there a shortage of Reynolds Wrap in Buenos Aires? We're coming down later this week and could bring some as presents.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 5:58 pm

The real Reynolds Wrap does not exist here... they dont import it. The local stuff is not usable..... I will kill for the Heavy Duty Version of the Reynolds wrap.... will trade for Malbec...

Do they make a Food Service version roll, one of those extra large and heavy rolls...???
Old Oct 25, 2010, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

The real Reynolds Wrap does not exist here... they dont import it. The local stuff is not usable..... I will kill for the Heavy Duty Version of the Reynolds wrap.... will trade for Malbec...
And now in Super Strength:
http://www.reynoldspkg.com/reynoldsk...7&prod_id=4401

What kind of Malbec?
Old Oct 25, 2010, 9:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Do they make a Food Service version roll, one of those extra large and heavy rolls...???
I've never heard of Reynolds Wrap.

I use PRO-LUMINIO USO PROFESIONALL in a 5 metre roll. Perfectly adequate and comparable to anything available in the UK. ^
Old Oct 25, 2010, 11:44 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM

You have PM.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA since 1998, 1.96 M miles

Gaucho;
they sell it in 500 and 1000 foot rolls!

http://www.amazon.com/Global-Industr...130683&sr=1-38
http://www.amazon.com/Extra-Heavy-Du...130683&sr=1-35
http://www.amazon.com/BOARDWALK-Heav...130630&sr=1-15

Those prices are BS too, you should be able to find a 1000' long, 18" wide heavy duty role for under $100. No need to order online and wait either, just about any restaurant supply store where you're traveling this week will have it:

http://www.bing.com/search?q=brookly...pply&FORM=SSRE

So the real question is, are you crazy enough to haul 10 kilos of aluminum foil back to Argentina??? I would love to see the customs inspectors react to that^
Old Oct 26, 2010, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I think I will bring back home what is left of my "industria argentina" foil roll so people can see what I meant when they thought I was crazy for bringing foil down here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.