Buenos Aires to Montevideo by ground

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buenos Aires to Montevideo by ground

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2010, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM Premier Gold, DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriot Rewards Gold
Exclamation Buenos Aires to Montevideo by ground

Hi,
I'm trying to see if there's an option of getting from BE to Montevideo in other ways rather than air and if so, how long will the journy be?
I'm landing at 9:15 AM at EZE and if travel by air will get to Downtown Montevideo at 5PM if I'm lucky.
Help....

Thanks!
Old Sep 15, 2010, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
The most common way is the Buquebus. http://www.buquebus.com/cache/HomeARG.html

It is a 3 hour ferry ride. The terminal is in the city center. You should plan on 45 minutes from EZE to the Buque terminal, and you will need to check in at least one hour in advance. (There are usually 2 boats a day, and also boat to Colonia / bus to MVD combos). I don't think there will a boat until the evening based on your arrival time, but I don't know when you're traveling.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 10:33 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Taking a bus over to Uruguay is also possible.... although the above post suggesting taking the Boat is much better.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 10:38 am

Don't bypass Colonia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.