Visa Reciprocity fee to start December 20, 2009

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Visa Reciprocity fee to start December 20, 2009

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2014, 10:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Your statement is incorrect. A handful of cities in China allow a 72 hour TWOV. Many more international airports in china only allow a 24 hour TWOV, and I recall seeing one or two that don't allow it at all.
China's 24 hour TWOV allows connections through different cities, so you could, for example, go NRT-PEK-PVG-HKG as long as the total time in mainland China from PEK arrival to PVG scheduled departure doesn't exceed 24 hours.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy

If a tourist or business traveler paid the reciprocity fee the first time, and that purchase is good for 10 more years of visits, then that person may feel inclined to return again and again to get their money's worth.
Not if they are Australian is it good for 10 years - we pay EVERY year. AND the idiots now charge a "service fee" for the email, on top of the ridiculous $100 fee in the first place. It is like the IRS charging a 15% service fee to lodge a Tax Return so that you can pay them money! Visit for 10 years and WE pay $1,150 each in fees to do so. Forget it.

Hence we no longer visit. Simple as that. And many think alike. We used to visit once or twice a year. Their financial loss, not ours.

Argentina of COURSE will see an uptick in tourists for a short period due to the GAZILLIONS neighboring Brazil is spending on World Cup Soccer and Olympics and attracting foreign visitors.

However recent years are what is under discussion.

If someone can post a table of Australia and American and Canadian arrival number year by year for the past 10 years they will be declining, despite all populations increasing.

Mercosur travel is not what is being discussed here - THEY pay zero fees.

A long time friend is MD of Argentina's largest travel company. I had dinner with him here recently. He tells me numbers from here are down each year, and blames this fee directly. He was here to drum up more business to fill that gap.

Last edited by Gaucho100K; Apr 22, 2014 at 7:29 pm Reason: unfortunate remarks
Old Apr 22, 2014, 7:28 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Ozstamps-- I have removed the last portion of your post because of its unfortunate nature. Please stick to the facts, else please go over to OMNI and start a thread where you can complain about this Fee that you semm to dislike so much.

Just so you understand... this is a reciprocity fee. Argentine passport holders also have to pay the fee levied by the Ozzie Government every time they apply for a Visa. And, getting a Visa that is worth more than for just one visit is pretty is no straight-forward matter. You are fortunate to have full control over your schedule... so perhaps you should consider writing to your Congressman and/or Senator about having Australia have more flexible rules for Argentines wanting to visit your Great Country.

I cannot think of anybody that would be more happy that I to be able to Visit the great Continent Down-Under without having to get a Visa.

Back to travel related content about Argentina... you have a lot to add in this aspect, as a seasoned Argentine visitor.... I would much rather have you contribute with your wealth of knowledge and experience rather than hear you over and over again about your "beef" with this Fee.... Im sure all the potential visitors to EZE will thank you for all you will be able to add with your amazing perspective and that unique sense of Humour.

I look forward to your continued posting on true travel related issues on this Argentina Forum.

Muchas Gracias,
Gaucho100K

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.