SAS EuroBonus - A wish list for EuroBonus improvements
Aug 9, 00, 7:01 am
If EuroBonus ever reads this forum, it might be good to have some discussions about what we'd like to see improved.
I have a few suggestions:
1. Recognition that for SAS flights to/from Sweden/Norway/Finland and the rest of Europe, there is very little reason for EuroBonus Gold members to travel on bonus trips in Business Class. For a bonus trip, Business Class costs an extra 20000 points . My point is that once you are on the plane, the difference between Business Class and Economy Class service and comfort on SAS is not that much within Europe. The main differences are on the ground with easier bookings, easier check-ins, lounge access and extra luggage allowance etc. But EuroBonus Gold members get all or most of those ground privileges anyway. Suggestion: For EuroBonus Gold only, bring down the number of additional points needed for Business Class travel on flights within Europe (to say 10000 above Economy Class).
2. Introduce First Class awards on partner airlines that offer First Class.
3. Award points for all Hertz and Avis rental rates, even if it's not a full 500 points. Other airlines do this, so why not SAS EuroBonus?
4. Acknowledge that claims for missing points have been received and are being processed. I notice that SQ do this on their website and it's a nice idea.
Are there some more suggestions from others?
Aug 9, 00, 12:13 pm
1. I would like to see only one point level for Europe as a whole; 30' in Y and 50' in C (or 40' for EBG). This brings their redemption levels more on par with AF and Qualiflyer.
2. The ability to purchase award flights at shorter notice even though it might be at a higher rate(?).
3. Y- redemption point levels for EBG members in the new Premium Economy?
4. Reconnection of SAS Eurobonus and Amex Membership Rewards!!
I guess I am the only SK employee on this board so here I will try to answer your questions.
2) It is possible to use your points for First Class Awards on LH,UA,TG,RG,NZ,NH,SQ
QF and SA.
4) Good question. Not sure if this will happen in the future though.
4) Can you explain it
Aug 9, 00, 11:43 pm
American Express Membership Rewards (UK
and also possiblly Sweden) had an agreement whereupon 1 MR point equalled 2 SAS Eurobonus points. I used to be able to transfer points from my Amex account to my Eurobonus account, thereby fasciliating bonus trips. This agreement, for unknown reasons to me, seized at the end of 1998, but I would sure like it to reappear!
Aug 10, 00, 1:56 am
First class awards on partner airlines are possible? Is that actually published anywhere?
Another thing I'd add is:
5. Upgrade coupons. Make it possible to use these in advance or at least at check-in. The stand-by only arrangement at the gate is a mess and is just not worth it for European flights. Why spend 20000 points to queue at the gate and then only get a slightly better meal and a hot towel?
1 Agree about restoring the link between Eurobonus and Amex Membership Rewards!
2 Why are some hotel credits made only in connection with an SAS or partner flight? This is in contrast to most other FF plans?
3 Abolish expiring miles! UA has done so, so should I put all my SK and other flights into my UA account? (Then I lose the 100% bonus for business class. Different strokes for different folks!)
Sep 18, 00, 4:42 am
Another thing for the wish list:
Allow reasonable changes to issued award travel tickets !!
SAS allows date and time changes to an issued award ticket provided it is not within 7 days before the (first) outward departure. But once the 7 day deadline has passed no changes at all are possible on the whole ticket. Period. Not even just a return date change. This is a very mean policy of SAS that is not in line with many other FF schemes. I'm half way through an award trip now and I'm next booked for a flight on December 14. It's months and months away but SAS will NOT allow me a simple date change if I so wished, because I've already started the trip.
I think the rule could be changed as follows:
Award tickets once issued can only have the time and date changed, subject to award seat availability and not within 7 days of the current booking.
Allow a little bit of freedom SAS, and don't be so mean.
[This message has been edited by Austman (edited 09-18-2000).]
Nov 21, 00, 1:12 am
And I've just had another experience where I wanted to change an award flight's date. The award cost me 130,000 points but I was not allowed to even try and change my return flight.
I think that EuroBonus has to recognise that their best customers (eg Gold) are ones that fly a lot and often need flexibility in their plans.
It would be nice if award travel also allowed this flexibility. At least the chance to try and change the date of a return flight! Gold members are allowed to change flight dates and times up to the departure day of their outbound flight. Why not let them change the return flight too even after the outbound flight? All subject to seat availablity of course.
It's only EuroBonus administration and nothing else that stops this.
[This message has been edited by Austman (edited 11-21-2000).]