Jun 4, 06, 9:46 pm
Do you live or will you be near any spots along the 7-day, 585 Mile AIDs/Lifecycle Route that's taking place this week?
A friend is participating in his 5th ALC ride (and 8th year ride in the fight against HIV/AIDS) and I thought it would be cool if some signs (paper is fine) mysteriously appear along the route to encourage him to keep pedaling.
PM me for details!
May 29, 07, 7:01 am
Let's try this again. My same friend is riding Aids/Lifecycle 6 this year, so if you're somewhere along the route and care to cheer him on, post a sign, etc...
Or if you feel compelled to make a contribution towards his fundraising efforts for the San Francisco Aids Foundation his page is at http://www.aidslifecycle.org/4192 (you can also search by name for someone else that's doing the ride and contribute toward their goal.) He's already raised $4,515.00 for this year's ride and was hoping to hit $5,000 before the end of this week.
This year's ride starts in San Francisco on June 3 and ends in LA on June 10.
The route includes:
* Sunday, June 3--Opening Ceremony: The Cow Palace, 2600 Geneva Ave., Daly City, CA 94014.
79.3 miles to Santa Cruz.
* Monday, June 4--105.4 miles to King City.
* Tuesday June 5--75.2 miles to Paso Robles.
* Wednesday, June 6--98.7 miles to Santa Maria.
* Thursday, June 7--43.5 miles to Lompoc.
* Friday, June 8--84.1 miles to Ventura.
* Saturday, June 9--60.8 miles to Los Angeles.
pm me with questions, etc...
May 29, 07, 4:36 pm
A good cause that FlyerTalk members have supported many times in the past and hopefully we'll help your friend reach that $5,000 goal.
I have just donated $25 to the effort and sent Roland a note of support from FlyerTalk.