Jul 31, 10, 10:54 am
[LINK IS NOW ACTIVE]
2,500 BONUS POINTS…50 WINNERS A WEEK…
JUST FOR SHARING YOUR INTERESTS!
Tell us what interests you and we’ll deliver news and offers that fit your style when available. Start getting a more rewarding experience, just like that. Enter by September 10, 2010.
To be eligible for this promotion, you must be enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program.
NOTE: By clicking the "Enter Now" button, I certify that I have read and agree to the terms and conditions below.
Membership Rewards® Bonus Points Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Membership Rewards® Bonus Points Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of entry and enrolled in the Membership Rewards program prior to the start of the Sweepstakes. Employees of American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc. (“Sponsor”), ePrize, LLC, and their respective parent and affiliate companies and advertising and promotion agencies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members of each such employee, whether or not related, are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc., American Express Tower, World Financial Center, New York, New York 10285. Administrator: ePrize, LLC, One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on August 1, 2010 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on September 10, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). The Promotion Period will be divided into six (6) weekly periods (each, a “Week”), each beginning on Sunday at 12:00 a.m. ET and ending on the following Saturday at 11:59 p.m. ET, except for the last Week which will end on Friday, September 10, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
Computer used by Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, visit www.americanexpress.com/2500 and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form and take the survey. Upon completion of the survey, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit: Each participant may enter one (1) time during the Promotion Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same e-mail address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than one (1) entry by using the same, multiple/different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified.
Use of any automated system to participate or subvert the entry process is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, inaccurate, delayed or misdirected entries or surveys; all of which will be void.
In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player and he/she must comply with these rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Drawings: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select fifty (50) potential Sweepstakes winners for each Week on or about September 30, 2010 from all eligible entries received each week. Administrator will randomly select fifty (50) potential Sweepstakes winners for each week on or about September 30th from all eligible entries received each Week. Non-winning entries from one Week will not carry forward into subsequent Weeks. Each potential winner will be notified by mail. If a prize notification is returned as undeliverable, a potential winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period or is not in compliance with these Official Rules, potential winner forfeits prize. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
6. Prize: THREE HUNDRED (300) GRAND PRIZES (50 per week): 2,500 Membership Rewards bonus points. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): up to $25.00 (ARV may vary depending on reward selected for redemption.). Membership Rewards points have no fixed value until redeemed and are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program, including the rules with respect to the forfeiture of points. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution or cash redemption will be permitted unless Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and any other costs, expenses or fees associated with prize acceptance and/or use not specified herein as being provided. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received for the applicable drawing. Limit: One (1) prize per person, per e-mail address and per Membership Rewards account. Prizes will be fulfilled (i.e., credited to the winner’s Membership Rewards account) approximately 10-12 weeks after winners have been confirmed.
7. Release: By participating, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, vendors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for advertising, promotional and other purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter known, worldwide in perpetuity, without further payment or consideration, notification or permission.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, including, but not limited to, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and, if terminated, award the prizes for the Week(s) at issue from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received for those Week(s) as of time of such action. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, delayed, misdirected, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that, if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited or where related to Prize Claims (as defined below), entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes (excluding any and all disputes, claims and cause of action arising out of or connected with the use of any of the prizes awarded in the Sweepstakes) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. ADDITIONALLY, ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES THE RIGHT TO HAVE A JURY TRIAL. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action or controversies arising out of or connected with the use of prizes in this Sweepstakes ("Prize Claims") shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A. without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. Prize Claim disputes shall be resolved, upon the election by entrant or Sponsor, by arbitration pursuant to this provision and the code of procedures of either the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (“JAMS”) or the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), as selected by the entrant. In addition to JAMS or AAA, Prize Claims may be referred to any other arbitration organization that is mutually agreed upon in writing by entrant and Sponsor, or to an arbitration organization or arbitrator(s) appointed pursuant to Section 5 of the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. Sections 1-16, provided that any such arbitration organization and arbitrator(s) will enforce the terms of the restrictions on arbitration provision set forth below. IF ARBITRATION IS CHOSEN BY ANY PARTY WITH RESPECT TO A PRIZE CLAIM, NEITHER PARTY WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO LITIGATE THAT PRIZE CLAIM IN COURT OR HAVE A JURY TRIAL ON THAT PRIZE CLAIM. FURTHER, NEITHER SPONSOR NOR ENTRANT WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY ON BEHALF OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC OR OTHER PERSONS SIMILARLY SITUATED, OR AS A MEMBER OF ANY CLASS OF CLAIMANTS PERTAINING TO ANY PRIZE CLAIM SUBJECT TO ARBITRATION. EXCEPT AS SET FORTH BELOW, THE ARBITRATOR’S DECISION WILL BE FINAL AND BINDING. NOTE THAT OTHER RIGHTS THAT ENTRANT WOULD HAVE IF ENTRANT WENT TO COURT ALSO MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ARBITRATION. The arbitrator’s authority to resolve Prize Claims is limited to Prize Claims between Sponsor and entrant alone, and the arbitrator’s authority to make awards is limited to awards to Sponsor and entrant alone. Furthermore, claims brought by either party against the other may not be joined or consolidated in arbitration with Prize Claims brought by or against any third party, unless agreed to in writing by all parties. No arbitration award or decision will have any preclusive effect as to issues or claims in any dispute with anyone who is not a named party to the arbitration. Notwithstanding any other provision in these Official Rules and without waiving either party’s right to appeal such decision, should any portion of this provision be deemed invalid or unenforceable, then the entire provision (other than this sentence) shall not apply.
13. Winners List: Winners List requests will only be accepted after the promotion end date (listed above) and no later than January 6, 2011. For the Winners List, send an e-mail with subject line: "Membership Rewards® Bonus Points Sweepstakes, Winner List Request," to WinListRequests@eprizefulfillment.com.
© 2010 ePrize, LLC. All rights reserved.