Swiss International Airlines - M&M Amex plat what do you get?
May 6, 10, 3:54 am
I'm thinking og getting the M&M amex plat (already have the cornercard M&M visa gold, but need a second card) but I'm unclear on the benefits vs a normal amex plat.
Do you get the same types of perks as concierge service, upgraded hotell rooms etc with the M&M Amex plat as with the regular Amex plat?
May 6, 10, 9:36 am
see here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-airlines/822287-credit-card-question.html
May 11, 10, 3:30 am
Thanks for the reply. I checked the thread and couldn't really find an answer.
Anyone have the M&M plat amex who can tell me what you actually get? Do you get the same type of perks as with the "real" Amex plat? So far the only benefit I have managed to see is that you get first class check-in.
May 11, 10, 4:48 am
I have the Swiss Amex Plat (for about 1.5 years now), and I'm reasonably pleased...
The main advantages over the regular Amex Plat:
1) 1 miles per 1 CHF of turnover
2) First Class check-in, including the First Class Island at ZRH airport (although I haven't used this in a while as I usually do OLCI)
3) Increased insurance cover: enhanced travel insurance and also car rental insurance (although I'm not exactly sure if the regular Amex Plat has this too)
The main disadvantages:
1) Not possible to check your credit card statement online. Unbelievably, you still receive a paper statement once a month (either electronically or via snail mail), but either way there is no way to get an up to the minute online statement. Huge drawback, IMO.
2) No concierge service
3) No Amex REWARDS participation
In conclusion, the main reason why I took it was the 1 mile for 1 CHF and the included car rental insurance (as I rent a lot). But depending on your needs and/or how you will use the card, it may not be worth it at CHF 700 per year. They do give you a voucher for CHF 300 towards an LX flight after paying the 700, but even at CHF 400 per year it's a lot considering that they don't even have online statements and customer service is not always that great when calling.
May 11, 10, 5:25 am
I think I'll go for the M&M gold instead as the additional cost of the plat card doesn't really strike me as worth 400chf.
I even think that it would be more worth it going for the normal amex plat for 800chf a year considering the perks. But 800chf is a lot of money that I could spend on better things...