Search

Ansett Plane flying in Eastern Europe

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2005, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Ansett Plane flying in Eastern Europe

Hi all,

Just flew Air Moldova from KIV to AMS - 9U leases two Airbus 320 aircraft and uses them on the longer routes to Europe. This was my first time flying on one - got on board and found that all the kitchen equipment is stamped "Ansett Australian." I'll try to get a picture on my way back.

So, the outside colors may be different, but on the inside, Ansett flies on. Might be tough trying to earn miles that way, however.

-Mike
Old Mar 21, 2005, 7:22 pm

Programs: QF PS and spouse of QP Senior Lifer PS, UA, AA, DL, AS, AV
Any chance of burning Ansett miles?
Old Apr 20, 2005, 9:01 pm

I saw the Ansett galley equiptment on an AS/Horizon RJ last year as well. Kind of smiled when I saw it. Amazing that they would not exchange it for their own.
Old Apr 22, 2005, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Last May on the Sydney Tarmac tour for OzFest we saw a plane in Ansett livery. A regional company was still flying that.

Also a lot of signs and buildings behind the scenes with AN logos. We are there again for that in a month, so will report back, or what is still left.

Glen

Old Apr 22, 2005, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Huh?

Counter on Forum says this thread has had 820 page views.

That's more readers than most threads have on major forums. Why did 810 folks look at a thread on ANSETT???

Glen
Old May 7, 2005, 6:22 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold VIP,QP Gold, PC Platinum, pleb everthing else
We are all nostalgic for a long lost friend. I saw an Ansett plane in full livery at the old Essendon(near to Tulla) tarmac yesterday, possibly the one you saw last May Glen. My carry on luggage still proudly bears my Golden Wing tags.
Old May 18, 2005, 10:48 am

I think many people like me still view AN posting in hope that one day our dead miles may be brought back to live. We all know that the chances are 10 zillion to 1. I only loss a handful. My boss loss half a million.
Old May 18, 2005, 11:19 pm

Programs: TK C+, AA/AS nothing, BA nothing
I saw one of these planes in full livery on the tarmac at OTP last August from what I recall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.