Community
Wiki Posts
Search

September 14 2001

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2002, 8:27 am
Original Poster

September 14 2001

One year ago, Ansett Australia Mark I flew its final revenue service.

In a tulmultuous week that saw the egregious acts of September 11, Australia lost its once great carrier Ansett after 65 years of fine service.

Unfortunately, Ansett never regained strength, even in its AN Mark II guise, culminating in the failure of the Fox Lew Tesna bid.

So, when you bite into your three finger sized breadsticks on QF, or listen to the preprepared recycled jokes on DJ, just remember the good old days on AN. Remember Ansett International, the finest international carrier that could call Australia home.

My best wishes go out to the former AN staff, and I hope you have found greener pastures. And may those A321 lines being painted at AN SYD signify a light at the end of this temporary (I pray) tunnel.

Bring on someone to keep the b@stards honest!

Cheers,

Justin

[This message has been edited by Skystar (edited 09-13-2002).]
Old Sep 13, 2002, 8:56 am

Programs: QF Platinum
9759 hours since Price Waterhouse pulled the plug... and aren't we feeling it.

I will endeavour to pop down to SYD and check out these A321 stop lines ... I will be a happy man if they are there!

In case anyone cares, I had the pleasure of flying an ex AN aircraft recently. It was great to be boarding a 'Charlie Zulu' 733 again but it was terrible to see what DJ had done to the interior. They have pulled all but 4 of the classy AN seats (those being the row 13 emergency exit seats (the ones with no seat flush up against the window)), and replaced them with these thin horrible seats where the actual back of the seat barely reached my shoulder blades.

In case anyone is interested, this site is updated whenever a change happens to the AN fleet of a year ago ... it is nice to know that some of the aircraft have found good homes!

Anyway, enough of my jibber...

Best Regards

Bradley
Old Sep 18, 2002, 6:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Loyal to Myself
Ansett was a remarkable airline. How sad for their wonderful employees, and all of us taht enjoyed their service.

Flying around Oz with some other carrier will never be the same for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.