Wiki Posts
Search

AN to Honour Some AN I Tickets

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2001, 6:21 am
Original Poster

AN to Honour Some AN I Tickets

The news at Ansett keeps on improving.

"October 5, 2001: The administrators of Ansett, Mark Korda and Mark Mentha of Andersen, today announced that Ansett would begin flying some Australian passengers who had paid for flights by Bankcard, Mastercard or Visa prior to Ansett being placed into voluntary administration, thanks to a deal struck between the administrator and the National Australia Bank.

Eligible passengers who used any Australian brand of Visa, Mastercard or Bankcard to make forward bookings via Ansett’s merchant facility will soon be contacted by the airline to reconfirm their travel itineraries.

“One of our key priorities has always been the travelling public of Australia,” Mark Korda said.

“This deal will allow a significant number of passengers with previous bookings to travel.”

Pre-confirmed flights will be available during the administration to eligible passengers who booked and paid for flights on e-tickets scheduled for or after October 8, 2001, by either Bankcard, Mastercard or Visa, on routes now serviced by Ansett.

“The deal will help minimise disruption for Ansett customers as well as reduce the airline’s liabilities,” Mr Korda said.

From today Ansett is establishing a dedicated unit of reservation staff to begin phoning eligible credit card e-ticket holders.

Media inquiries to Jarvis Communications:
Luke Dean (tel) 61 3 9623 2236 (mob) 0414 535 433
Peter Wilms 0418 559 281
Nic Jarvis 0414 414 484"

Looks like some will be lucky, eh?

In other news, it seems travel agents will be allowed to sell AN/KD tickets soon - they will be paid commission by the administrator.

Cheers,

Justin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.