Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is available in a Club Acela?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2009, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

What is available in a Club Acela?

I started using the Union Station CA this week and, perhaps a little spoiled by the offerings at the CO PC, was a little disappointed in the offerings. I didn't expect a serviced bar and like the self serve fountain, but I was hoping for something more than packages of pretzels/goldfish/chips to snack on. Just something sweet to keep my blood sugar up at the end of a long day.

The place is clean, quiet, and relaxing, which is all I require, and I appreciate them staying open until 9:30, but I'm just wondering where the supposed pastries are.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 4:09 pm

Location: Baltimore, MD (primary), Culpeper, VA, Washington, DC
Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards Select Plus, Rapid Rewards, SkyMiles, AAdvantage
In the case of the Club Acela in DC's Union Station, the pastries are only out in the morning hours, and they're usually limited to muffins, danishes, etc.

-Rafi
Old Jan 29, 2009, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
For the Clubs in NYP, BOS, and WAS, two words: CLEAN RESTROOMS.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 7:26 am
Original Poster

clean AND functioning. it really is a blessing. something with sugar - maybe shortbread cookies or the like - would just make it that much easier to get home without sleeping past my stop.

now, if i could only figure out why i waited so long to get away from the Penn Line Gate A herd
Old Jan 30, 2009, 2:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat National Executive Amtrak Select Plus
In the DC Union Station club they have a side door to the platform where they do a preboard for the acella a few minutes before they open the train to boarding. NYP does not have this, but should.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 5:04 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
Originally Posted by LGAiahSAT
In the DC Union Station club they have a side door to the platform where they do a preboard for the acella a few minutes before they open the train to boarding. NYP does not have this, but should.
Sadly there is no way to do something like that in NYP.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 8:58 am

personally I think the club in PHL has the best preboard option. There are a bank of elevators in the club that take pax directly to the platform.

Originally Posted by LGAiahSAT
Old Jan 31, 2009, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
Originally Posted by ClimbGuy
personally I think the club in PHL has the best preboard option. There are a bank of elevators in the club that take pax directly to the platform.
It is not really a pre-board option at PHL. You just get to the platform a couple of minutes earlier than the unwashed masses. The train arrives at the same time, and everyone is down there when it does.

And to paraphrase George Carlin, what is the act of "pre-boarding"? Do you board before you board?
Old Jan 31, 2009, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
The Philadelphia club has Tad!
Old Feb 2, 2009, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by ClimbGuy
Yup- took me a few visits to figure this out! WAS has a door that opens onto the tracks, and NYP will sometimes announce (or the agents will tell you) the departure gate early, which can be handy.

Think the clubs had their own wifi connections, but were switching to tmobile.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 3:51 pm

I almost forgot about that thread, I haven't been at the PHL club in long time. Anyone know if he is still there?

Originally Posted by xyzzy
Old Feb 3, 2009, 5:18 pm

Clean restrooms, complimentary USA Today, Wash. Post, Wall St. Journal, and NYTimes. NO LINES FOR TRAIN.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by landspeed
Yup- took me a few visits to figure this out! WAS has a door that opens onto the tracks, .
With select status, they sent me one of those ClubAcela day passes.

I'm going to use it at the WAS ClubAcela next week, though I'm riding out on the Regional, not the Acela. Can I still preboard? My impression is the regional, and acela are not on the same level?
Old Feb 4, 2009, 9:47 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by hp_lovecraft
I'm going to use it at the WAS ClubAcela next week, though I'm riding out on the Regional, not the Acela. Can I still preboard? My impression is the regional, and acela are not on the same level?
I've had mixed success pre-boarding regionals from ClubAcela - probably 75% of the time I am allowed to do so, and the remaining 25% of the time I'm told it's not possible. I usually just ask about it at the desk on the way in. It is a major benefit to be able to pre-board, in my opinion, as the lines at Union Station routinely stretch far down the concourse at busy times.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
bump to page 2

Last edited by DrivingRain; Jul 23, 2010 at 6:02 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.