FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Amtrak | Guest Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amtrak-guest-rewards-399/)
-   -   Celebrity Sightings on Amtrak (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amtrak-guest-rewards/849511-celebrity-sightings-amtrak.html)

trainman74 Jul 28, 2008 1:30 pm

Celebrity Sightings on Amtrak

I think all the airline-specific forums have a thread like this, so why not?

Actress Cristine Rose, in coach (not biz class) aboard Pacific Surfliner #564 on Saturday 7/26, heading to Comic-Con in San Diego. She plays Angela Petrelli on "Heroes," although the couple in the seats in front of me -- who got a quick photo with her -- were more excited about the fact that she has a recurring role on "How I Met Your Mother."

fly4work Jul 28, 2008 2:20 pm

I don't know his name, but the guy who plays "Ryan" in The Office was on Pacific Surfliner 583 on Saturday heading to Los Angeles. He was in Pacific Business Class.

bitburgr Jul 28, 2008 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by trainman74 (Post 10109512)
I think all the airline-specific forums have a thread like this, so why not?

Actually...Celebrity Sightings.

My Amtrak travel is limited to the NEC...so Joe Biden, Arlen Spector and most recently Bill Bradley. I thought I saw Tia Tequila recently but don't think it was really her (depending on what her real "American" name is).

cranrob Jul 29, 2008 7:24 am

Al Franken on Acela NYC-WAS last year.

ibrandsguest Jul 29, 2008 7:37 am

Glad to see that some allegedly pro-Amtrak politicians do take Amtrak. When I see Chuck Schumer and leading Democratic senators on the US Airways Shuttle, in first class in particular, I feel like saying something!

trainman74 Jul 29, 2008 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by bitburgr (Post 10111185)

I swear, I did a search before I posted, but that thread didn't show up.

I thought I saw Tia Tequila recently but don't think it was really her (depending on what her real "American" name is).
Before she was Tila Tequila, she was Tila Nguyen, although I'm not 100% sure that's her real name (or, at least, the name she'd be traveling under).

ojodeazul Jul 30, 2008 7:34 am

I saw James Carville in Acela First last year between WAS - NYP

dan1431 Jul 31, 2008 9:20 am

I have seen Bill Cosby on Acela F between PHL-WAS and Sen. Biden between WIL-WAS recently.

Dan

wxguy Jul 31, 2008 1:00 pm

CBS News anchor and moderator of Face the Nation Bob Schieffer at the Club Acela in NY Penn. Funny thing was that he recognized me before I recognized him :o

bitburgr Jul 31, 2008 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by wxguy (Post 10128348)
Funny thing was that he recognized me before I recognized him :o

So...who are you? :) And if saw yourself in the mirror while on a train, would that count as a celebrity sighting?

jackal Jul 31, 2008 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by bitburgr (Post 10130285)
So...who are you? :) And if saw yourself in the mirror while on a train, would that count as a celebrity sighting?

Well, he's obviously a wx guy... ;)

landspeed Aug 10, 2008 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by dan1431 (Post 10127050)
I have seen Bill Cosby on Acela F between PHL-WAS and Sen. Biden between WIL-WAS recently.

Dan

No sightings myself, but...:

My PHL-based friend was in Acela F with Bill Cosby a few years ago- said he was a good sport and kept everyone entertained.

My parents were on Acela F NYP-WAS with Helen Thomas (former UPI reporter) and said she was very polite and friendly.

sbm12 Aug 10, 2008 8:23 pm

Dan Quayle in Acela F last September. The sad part is that the rest of us in the car knew something was going on based on the extra security during the trip, but none of us knew who the guy was until we started talking about it upon arrival at WAS and someone figured it out. Not a particularly tall man, FWIW.

jackson123 Sep 11, 2008 8:10 am

Rudy Giuliani, Henry Kissinger (sitting right behind me, it was funny listening to that oh so unique voice for 2 hours), Geraldine Ferraro, Nikki Sixx from Motley Crue. All on Acelela FC

bitburgr Sep 12, 2008 5:13 am

Originally Posted by jackson123 (Post 10350161)
Rudy Giuliani, Henry Kissinger (sitting right behind me, it was funny listening to that oh so unique voice for 2 hours), Geraldine Ferraro, Nikki Sixx from Motley Crue. All on Acelela FC

One of these things is not like the other...

Was Nikki in makeup and all dressed up? Or looking 'normal'?