Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on Amtrak

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2009, 11:02 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100K, DL DM, UA Gold, & Marriott Ambassador
I saw Michael Gross (of Family Ties fame) in coach on a Pacific Surfliner to L.A. in February.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ozark Go-Getters Gold, Statler Star Silver, others from a variety of alternate timelines
Originally Posted by mthoodfan
I saw Michael Gross (of Family Ties fame) in coach on a Pacific Surfliner to L.A. in February.
He's well-known as a railroad buff; he's also hosted several documentaries about passenger trains that have aired on PBS.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
In front of me is Thomas Friedman, and behind me is Andrew Nepalitano on Amtrak 2119 (FC) from NYC-DC.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 4:20 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
MICHAEL PHELPS and girlfriend.

2253 11April FC boarded at NYP headed southbound. He was wearing a baseball hat, hoodie, and sun glasses. The rest of the body gave him away
Old Apr 13, 2010, 7:47 pm

Programs: elite plat wit choice hotels
Red face

I had the pleasure to meet late sen ted kennedy and his wife, bill cosby,candy from cnn, the guy who plays jack mccoy on law order (my favorite show) jesse jackson wife on capital limited in first class and most recently pattie labelle and colin powell.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 8:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by flygirly
I had the pleasure to meet late sen ted kennedy and his wife, bill cosby,candy from cnn, the guy who plays jack mccoy on law order (my favorite show) jesse jackson wife on capital limited in first class and most recently pattie labelle and colin powell.
Awesome. ^ That would be Sam Waterston who plays Jack McCoy.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by trainman74
He's well-known as a railroad buff; he's also hosted several documentaries about passenger trains that have aired on PBS.
Also, he is part owner of the Santa Fe Southern Railroad between Lamy and Santa Fe
Old Apr 14, 2010, 4:35 pm

"Potential" Sarah Palin sighting

Was in Washington's Club Acela earlier this afternoon. Overheard two attendants talking about Palin will be there tomorrow afternoon (4/15).

Knowing she's currently in the northeast (was in Boston today), this seems plausible.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 7:23 pm

Few months ago (July 09) Saw Colin Quinn on a NY-BBY train. Very nice guy, and was quite hospitable to me. He was going up to film "Old People," which is coming out soon.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 12:32 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors
Saw Bill Maher a few years back on a NYP -> BOS Acela, first class. Hat pulled low over his brow, clearly wanted to be left alone...
Old Apr 21, 2010, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Yesterday PBS NewsHour founder Jim Lehrer liveblogged from train 2166 WAS-NYP. He discusses his upcoming book about the Santa Fe Super Chief!
Old Apr 21, 2010, 6:54 pm

over the past few months

Duff Goldman of Ace of Cakes fame
Mel Kiper Jr - saw him from the back first and noticed the hair.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 8:33 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat,SW, Hertz #1 Gold, Amtrak SP, jetBlue, et al
Last Sat on Acela from NWK to PHL.in business class on 2251...Craig Rivera from Fox News..as in Geraldo's brother....he was as thrilled as I was that the train was packed full of kids!
Old May 2, 2010, 11:02 am

Programs: Marriott, Southwest, American, Delta, Amtrak,Multiple others
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Yesterday PBS NewsHour founder Jim Lehrer liveblogged from train 2166 WAS-NYP. He discusses his upcoming book about the Santa Fe Super Chief!
Your Super Chief comment reminds me of a very memorable family trip we took when I was a child. We rode the Super Chief to California for our first trip to Disneyland. We met Danny Thomas in the vistadome, and he spent several hours with us telling stories and pointing out landmarks.
Old May 7, 2010, 11:58 pm

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
Very cool stories, especially the Jane Russell sighting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.