Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CA Zephyr routing problems in Iowa

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2008, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
CA Zephyr routing problems in Iowa

Due to widespread and massive flooding the California Zephyr will not run across Iowa; passengers will be bussed across the state, which will mainly follow I80 except due to a bridge closure east of Iowa City,whereupon busses will divert to Waterloo, Dubuque, then back down to I80. check with amtrack and Iowa DOT web sites.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by rustyr
Due to widespread and massive flooding the California Zephyr will not run across Iowa; passengers will be bussed across the state, which will mainly follow I80 except due to a bridge closure east of Iowa City,whereupon busses will divert to Waterloo, Dubuque, then back down to I80. check with amtrack and Iowa DOT web sites.
Amtrak is now saying all rail service between Chicago and Denver has been suspended. There will be bus service between Denver and Omaha..This is a huge disruption..
Cheers
Howie
Old Jun 13, 2008, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Iowa is a mess right now, and it looks like it's going to get worse in the next week or so before it gets better.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
Unfortunately it will probably last longer than that; after the waters recede and officials take stock of damage to the infrastructure. Basically only one way to get across Iowa on 4 lane road and it will be crowded nxt few days till DOT reopens I80.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.