Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Service downgrade refund?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2006, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO OnePass Silver, HHonors Gold, GoldPoints Gold, Amtrak GR Select PLUS
Service downgrade refund?

Has anyone ever dealt with a refund for a downgrade in service?

I was on 2104 Acela from WAS to NWK on Jan. 17. It was changed to Metroliner equipment and announcements were made that pax were eligible for a refund from a ticket office. I didn't have time that morning to stop (but great job by Amtrak - only 10 minutes late!), so can I stil get my refund for the difference?

Jim
Old Jan 19, 2006, 3:18 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
Jim,

I would expect that you should still be able to get a refund, but most likely you will now have to do it by mail. They might be able to do it by phone, but if you go that way, I'd expect that you'd get the refund in the form of an Amtrak Travel voucher.

By the way, don't expect a huge refund either. I'd guess that the difference is only around 20 bucks or so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.