Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2006 Amtrak Promotions and Discounts

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2006, 4:52 pm

Programs: amtrak guest rewards
I'm still looking for discount codes for the first of the year for a trip in May Rvr to Chi to Lax. Any promo at all that I can try out.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 6:05 pm

Programs: Peon in all
Originally Posted by bigval109
I'm still looking for discount codes for the first of the year for a trip in May Rvr to Chi to Lax. Any promo at all that I can try out.
Have you checked the 2007 Amtrak Promotions thread? Any codes for May will be listed on that thread. As of now, none for that time are listed. (But who knows! )
Old Dec 31, 2006, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Thanks for letting us know about that thread--I wouldn't have known otherwise!

For those who, like me, are too lazy to go and find the other thread, here is the link to it:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625507

Cheers and happy new year!!
Old Jan 2, 2007, 3:56 pm

Programs: Amtrak GR, Alaska Air, JetBlue TrueBlu
NEW!!! AAA discount until Feb 28th!!

AAA Winter Companion and Accommodations Discounts

Use Promotion Code H644
Save 50% on one companion ticket.
Save 25% on business class seats or sleeping accommodations.*
Savings are in addition to everyday AAA 10% discount.

Save 50% on companion fare and 25% on business class seats or sleeping accommodations.

AAA members will receive 50% off one companion rail fare. And, save 25% off the best available fares on business class seats or sleeping accommodations.*

Reservations must contain a current valid AAA membership number and your AAA card must be presented at the time of ticketing, as well as onboard.

*If booking sleeping accommodations with this promotional fare, please call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245), your local AAA Travel Office or your local travel agency.

Terms & Conditions

Offer valid for one companion at 50% off the regular (full) Amtrak rail fare traveling with a paid AAA discounted adult rail fare ticket.
Offer valid for 25% off the best available business class seat or sleeping accommodation upon payment of the applicable accommodation charges.
Valid for sale December 18, 2006 - February 28, 2007.
Valid for travel January 3, 2007 - March 15, 2007.
Not valid for travel during the following blackout periods:
- January 12-15, 2007
- February 16-19, 2007
Reservations must be made at least three days prior to departure.
Valid for travel on the following Amtrak services:
Ann Rutledge, Blue Water, California Zephyr, Capitol Limited, Capitols, Cardinal, Cardinal, Carl Sandburg, Carolinian, Cascades, City of New Orleans, Coast Starlight, Crescent, Illini, Illinois Zephyr, Kansas City Mule, St. Louis Mules, Lake Shore Limited, Lincoln Service, Maple Leaf, Pacific Surfliner, Palmetto, Pennsylvanian, Pere Marquette, Piedmont, Saluki, San Joaquins, Southwest Chief, State House, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Wolverine.
Once travel has begun, no changes to the itinerary are permitted.
Fares, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice.
Other restrictions apply.
Old Jan 2, 2007, 7:04 pm

H644 (and all current 2007 promos) is listed in the 2007 Amtrak Promotions and Discounts sticky.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 4:26 pm

Code for Seattle to Sac (11 Coast Starlight), strictly discount?

tried a code from 2006 forum (H570, 25% off), replied that this code is not valid online (will call Amtrak to get details). Does anyone know of anything else I could try? Dept: 01/27/07 Return: 02/05/07, 1 adult (thanks)...I called and this code (H570) expired in Dec.

sorry for dbl posting (also in 2007 forum)
Old Jan 8, 2007, 8:02 am

I travel between NYP(Newyork Penn Station) and WAS(Washington Union station) three times in a month.Are there any promotional codes which I can use to cut down the fare.

I Use the AAA discount to get some discount.

Any Help would be really apprecaited.

Thanks
Old Jan 8, 2007, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by reg_trav
I travel between NYP(Newyork Penn Station) and WAS(Washington Union station) three times in a month.Are there any promotional codes which I can use to cut down the fare.

I Use the AAA discount to get some discount.

Any Help would be really apprecaited.

Thanks
Welcome to FT, reg_trav!

You can use V383 for 25% off. (But it requires a 3-day advance.)

In the future, check the 2007 promos and discounts sticky for codes for 2007. They should be listed there.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by the_traveler
Welcome to FT, reg_trav!

You can use V383 for 25% off. (But it requires a 3-day advance.)

In the future, check the 2007 promos and discounts sticky for codes for 2007. They should be listed there.

Tried to Use the code V383 for the travel dates 01/12(Departure) and 01/16 arrival,but was not successful getting any discounts.Number of passenger = 1.

Thanks
Old Jan 8, 2007, 2:02 pm

Programs: N/A
Tried to Use the code V383 for the travel dates 01/12(Departure) and 01/16 arrival,but was not successful getting any discounts.Number of passenger = 1.
Most promotional codes are blacked between Jan 12-15 because of the MLK, Jr holiday. Try breaking your reservation up into two one-way segments. You won't be able to use the coupon code on the 1/12/07 departure, but you should be able to use it on the 1/16/07 arrival.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by Tracklet
Most promotional codes are blacked between Jan 12-15 because of the MLK, Jr holiday. Try breaking your reservation up into two one-way segments. You won't be able to use the coupon code on the 1/12/07 departure, but you should be able to use it on the 1/16/07 arrival.

Problem With Promotional Fare: The promotional fare you requested requires travel with an eligible companion. Since that requirement is not met, we have provided a non-promotional fare. You may proceed with this fare, or consult your promotional materials for details regarding eligible companions.

I think the code is valid only when there are more than one passenger.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 7:27 pm

Programs: N/A
I think the code is valid only when there are more than one passenger.
Looks like you're right - 2 adult or more adult fares are required to receive the 25% off. (In addition to V383 being blacked out Jan 12-15, too...)
Old Jan 9, 2007, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold 1MM
Exclamation

This thread has been closed, please direct all inquiries to the new 2007 Discount Code thread here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625507

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.